• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Drinkers who are caffeine addicts: could you ever NOT drink caffeine when hungover?

Could you give up caffeine but not alcohol and wake up hungover without drinking caffeine?

• Yes, I think I could quit coffee entirely and still drink, but first I'd have to get off caffeine

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, I don't think I could wake up really hungover and not drink caffeine

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I'm not sure. It would be very hard to deal with a hangover without some caffeine

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Mycophile

Bluelighter
Pretty random question but maybe not for a drug forum. I want to quit all caffeine cause it gives me anxiety and fucks up my sleep, but I totally don't want to quit drinking or staying up late and mixing various drugs. I'm planning on weaning off of caffeine soon (I've tried before but this time I really want to stick to it), but I love to drink and definitely DON'T want to quit that. Problem is that it's hard for me to wake up without coffee even when NOT drinking, and once I've been off caffeine in the past just one cup has always led to me getting addicted again, which for me means I would be hoping to still be able to drink but NOT have caffeine the next day.

So, for you drinkers who also drink caffeine, could you imagine yourself possibly waking up the next with a hangover and NOT drinking coffee and making it through the day?? (Also, NO SUBSTITUTES like kratom, Adderall, etc. Not that I might not EVER substitute, but for the sake of this poll we'll say I wouldn't.)

Ok, but the ONE thing you can substitute with is weed, or maybe some kind of nootropic and headache medicine WITHOUT caffeine and gatorade and shit. But that's it. No stimulants, gabergics or true painkillers.

Hell, I can wake up with the stomach flu and I still want to drink coffee! If I have a hangover, the first thing I want is coffee, water, and tylenol. I would be very unwilling to go without.

Ok, but there's got to be some people who feel otherwise.

Does anyone here feel they could give up caffeine and still not drink coffee when hungover?

Nope! Hung over or not hung over, I have to have my morning coffee fix. Its automatic with me.

Yeah, guess Im one ...
the older I get the more the sediment spazzes out my gut

still a 40 w columbian supremo is one of my favorite tastes

I love coffee, I never want to give that up!

It’s not so much just the caffeine, as honestly only one cup of coffee isn’t much caffeine compared to other sources…I just like the taste of some good coffee, I dunno

For my whole life I would drink coffee while hungover because I assumed the vasoconstriction would counteract the vasodilation from alcohol. I've realized this isn't really true. It tends to make hangovers slightly worse for me.

I stopped drinking coffee during hangovers. In fact I stopped drinking coffee on most days, I only use it when I need it now.

I thought I might have some withdrawals because I've been drinking 2-3 cups per day for decades, but I didn't experience any. Just psychological cravings from the habit of it being the first thing I do in the morning, but these cravings stop once I've been awake for 1 or 2 hours.

I enjoy coffee A LOT more now that my tolerance is lower from only using it 2-3 days per week.

I didn't know about the vascoconstriction/dilation part, but coffee definitely makes my stomach feel worse when I have a hangover, and not being able to go back to sleep is a major sucky tactical error for me. But not having the coffee means withdrawal on top of the hangover, so it's a dilemma. The only real solution is to avoid the hangover in the first place!

I definitely love the coffee high but it always works best for me when I have it on a well rested day, no hangover from any drug, no serious sleep deprivation, etc. Otherwise, it just isn't strong enough to overcome all that. I men, I may wake up, but I don't feel good. But on a good day I like to sit there and daydream with that first cup. The second is never as good, unless I'm yakking off (like today...) I imagine that if I did cut back to just a couple times a week that, yes, it would be a much better buzz, but just cutting from 2 or 3 cups a day down to 1 was unpleasant enough until I adjusted. I was kind of hoping kratom might make a nice energizing coffee replacement for me some days, just to mix it up, but it makes me sleepy after the first stimulation wears off (if I even get the stim) so it doesn't work for me in that way if I have shit to do, like coffee does.
Coffee was maybe the second-greatest tool of capitalism for getting workers to show up on time and work hard. The number one tool of course is how fucked it is when you don't have money

Yes I dont need coffee when I had a drink makes me feel worse best hangover cure sweet milky coffee with some pods

Caffeine i could take it or leave it hungover if I do drink it though it's to try and sober up... Not that it works mind you. Infact I think it makes me more drunk if most of the booze is still in my system. You'd think this drunk would learn but Naw....

On a somewhat related note after a night of heavy drinking I don't usually wake up hungover if I've been drinking lots recently, I wake up anxious and wanting to crawl outta my skin. In that situation caffeine is the last thing in the world I want.