• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

drink and benzos

gonnaod

Bluelighter
ive decided to start drinking again blah blah blah fkn blah only does taking benzos become cross tolerant because ive had both today and not wasted I know you probably think im a troll but im needing help had half a bottle of rum 35% and shit loads of valium and cant feel that much also take codeine but not recreational what the fk is happening here are benzos and booze cross tolerant

benzos taken with alcohol enhance the effect of the other, as if you had taken double the dose of alcohol and double the benzo dose. Maybe you're not feeling it now but for me in the past it could go to zero from blackout very quickly with that combo!

That much alcohol and "shit loads" of valium is not only dangerous but possibly lethal. Slow your roll, man. Stick to one or the other or if you're gonna be reckless mixing stay low dose on one and high on the other.

I had 300mg of valium which did fk all and I went through 14 5x mg today plus 60mg codeine which has worn off but im going through a bottle of rum and its got me in a good mood but I dunno my lifes fkd

Man thats a fuckin scary dose u got goin there if these are prescribed diazepam an not off the streets u undoubtably run out preety fast so im guessin the withdrawals from that amount would be horrific? Have u tryed to taper off them but please speak to your dr an seek help before your life is brown bread?

I was taking my 30mg daily until I thought fk it so a few days ago I knecked 300mg not much happened ive taken 14 5mg today and stole some rum from people im living with I dont feel much had to water down the rum I stopped my fluoxetine and quetiapine because felt like shit. im prescribed 30mg diazepam daily but saved loads up and took 300mg felt fk all. sorry for my language but how long until codeine withdrawal sets in ive none left until tomorrow

Last edited:
Yep thats tollerance for ya! Wot starts out a good feeling from a low dose in the begining slowly spirals out of control. Thats the thing with benzos ya keep chasing the high you originaly had but it gets harder an harder thats why its always a good idea to take aleast a months break to lower your tollerance! Best of luck man

So you say you aren't feeling anything off of a shit ton of benzos and booze. You likely will be feeling something and that would be feeling stupid when you black out and lose a day of your life where you can't remember shit you did.

Drink and benzos = no good!

Anyway let us know what happend. You wont feel bad or freakishly. Good coaxing wont help. Just hope you and others will stay safe. Bad feelings (broken stuff, relationships etc.) might come tomorrow.

Mixing CNS depressants can be dangerous and it's not a good idea to stop taking your psych meds. You didn't say for how long you've been taking codeine in order to get withdrawals?

I've been on the codeine for at least a month 28 30/500 and I do feel kind of ill when not had any for a while

I've been on the codeine for at least a month 28 30/500 and I do feel kind of ill when not had any for a while

might be just a bit of a comedown from the codeine or might be legit withdrawals - could you be more specific with your symptoms?
also 300mgs of diazepam is bad enough but for it to have no effect on you then mate, maybe its time to consider detox?
check out The Ashton Manual by clicking that link and read chapter 2. its all about how benzos effect you and how to at the very least lower your tolerance to a human sized amount lol

ive decided to start drinking again blah blah blah fkn blah only does taking benzos become cross tolerant because ive had both today and not wasted I know you probably think im a troll but im needing help had half a bottle of rum 35% and shit loads of valium and cant feel that much also take codeine but not recreational what the fk is happening here are benzos and booze cross tolerant

Booze potentiates benzo's. very dangerous combo. Sometimes if you take to much of something it will have a paradoxical effect. Also with benzo's they can have a ceiling effect meaning you've hammered your gaba receptors so much they stop giving a fuck and stop responding to the drugs your smashing yourself with. Or your liver is sick an tired of having to work sso hard processing all this booze and codeine so its not metabolizing your drugs properly - and so your liver stops giving a fuck aswell.

Anywho, stop mixing drugs together. start giving a fuck if you can. theres a million ways to die. passing out + sitting up + head falls back + you vomit = you choke to death on your own vomit. Now that aint no way to leave this world. have some dignity. Dont go tip toeing with the reaper buddy. 8)