• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Creating new substances from Indoles. (MedicinalUser SAR thread)

What about 2-(3-Fluorodiphenyl)-2-methyamino-cyclohexenone ? Would that be stronger and last longer ? If anyone has any ideas please post.

Well there's possibly a way of making it last longer you can add another molecule. My thoughts are on gamma-Butyrolactone-1,2-Pyridine.
Pyridine by itself is considered toxic I just read, no clue at what dosage the danger start's, but its not approved to add it to comsumable's. Apperently natural source's are the leaves and root's of BellaDonna Atropa, Tobacco smoke and Marsmellow plant. And having smoked the last one, its most hazerdous when inhaled. But also used to make Alcohol undrinkable. 5 PPM is the treshold for adverse effect's inhaled.

So any change that Pyridine get's cleaved of after ingestion? Wiki is very unclear on that point. May not be added to food's makes undrinable Booze. But no mention of its effect's when ingested.

I liked 1,4-BDO aka HO-CH2CH2CH2CH2-OH, but it also kicked my butt.
Maybe you know the answer. Does it last longer then GHB/ GBL. And are the effect's the same or slightly different? Couldn't help wondering, but the story's on the toxic feel would have kept me from trying it. But GBL was alway's available.

Looking back with an Alcohol addiction that was not so long ago, I think 1.4-BDO toxicity can never be as bad as Booze.

Well I've come up with another substance. I call it 5,6-Methylenedioxy-a-Methyltryptamine. In this case I designed it to be an extreme euphoria releaser, but this is all hypothetical sense no ones created it yet. But looking at the series of books like Pihkal and Tihkel I believe this ones on par with what Alexander Shulgin would have dreamed up. I call it 5,6-Methylenedioxy-a-Methyltryptamine. It's more of a stimulant than a hallucinogen. Because it hasn't been created yet it's effects are unknown. But because of it's structure it's believed to produce extream euphoria that might be equal to that of M.D.M.A., but this has not been proven yet sense nobody has tried it. But it's future remains uncertain and hopefully it becomes a new substance. What are your thoughts on this ?

Last edited:
I call this one TryptoFLY. It's chemical structure is 4,5-Furazan-6,7-Furazan-N,N-Dimethyltryptamine.

Last edited:
I call this one Zen. It's chemical structure is 7,8-Methylenedioxy-3-Methylalphamethylethylphenazine.

I call this one Number X. It's chemical structure is 3,4-Dimethyleneamino-Methamphetamine.

Last edited:
I never really had a problem with regular alcohol. 1,4-BDO is like alcohol but stronger. I know now that I can't really handle it.
GHB and GBL although their effect's kinda are like Alcohol hit totally different receptor's. GABA-b, the GHB receptor among others. its certainly less dirty as Ethanol. But very dose respondent. You can't get hammered on GHB enough is enough.

With Booze its never enough as its not that satifactional, so most just drink some, others till they black out, which resembles a overdose of GHB. But Pharmacologically they are different. Also the set of receptor's affected by Alcohol besides GABA-a seems much broader, and toxic. Detoxing from Alcohol with GHB has been used in the past. No clue what that Pharmacologically say's, but seemingly its was better then tapering on booze, maybe the lack of toxicity?

random question for chemistry bros

how difficult would it be to convert beta hydroxybutyrate (BHB) to gamma hydroxybutyrate (GHB)?

obviously not asking for synth details

seems like a simple change, but probably not that simple?

just curious

I noticed a family member was taking BHB pills as a ketone/diet aid, and it made me do a double take when I saw it. I wasn't aware it was sold as a supplement.
It would be a bit tricky, but doable. Ideally you would dehydrate it in some way that makes a double bond with the gamma carbon (farthest away from carboxy). Then you would use some anti-Markovinov reagent to put an alcohol on the double bond (normally when things are added to double bonds, they want the most substituted location, but some reagents can direct to the less substituted group).

It's doable but not trivial. Kind of reminds me of the paper where some chemists made pseudoephedrine from meth (a very tongue in cheek paper it talked about how pseudoephedrine is harder to get due to controls but meth is cheaper and purer than ever. Pretty involved prep too).

What do you mean by 3-fluorodiphenyl? Could you draw it?

It's just basically Ketamine with an extra Phenyl added to it's structure. Anyway,... Does anybody know what would happen if you added an extra Cyclohexylamine to Ketamines chemical structure ? Do you think it would be more like P.C.P. if you did that or would it still be more like Ketamine ?

Would 5-Cyclohexyl-Dibenzofuran be another form of P.C.P. ? What about (1-(1-Dicyclohexyl)-Morpholine ?

Last edited:
Here's another form of Ketamine where I replaced the Phenyl with a Cyclohexyl and the Chloro with a Fluoro. Its chemical structure is (RS)-2-(2-Fluorocyclohexyl)-2-(methylamino)cyclohexanone.