• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Creating new substances from Indoles. (MedicinalUser SAR thread)

I'll see if I can do that. Anyway, I've got another chemical structure I call Wasp. It's chemical structure is 2,3-Butylenedioxy-5,6-Butylenedioxy-4-Methamphetamine.

In that case I came up with another design, but I don't know if it would work. I call it 2-Pyrroledeschloroketamine. Either that or 3-Pyrroleketamine.

Last edited:
Yes, I can admit that I made a mistake. Unlike Amphetamine's it's the other way around when it comes Ketamine. In the case of Ketamine the lightest halogen makes it stronger and that would be Fluorine. And that analogue already exists.
But ime DCK (DesChloro) is more like Ketamine then 2-Fluoro-Ketamine. Slower onset, longer duration and less sleepy but closer.

I was thinking about something. How would one design the strongest analog of GHB ? Or design it to have similar effects ? Currently there are a few other analogs out there, but they basically have the same effect as GHB such as, GBL, BD, GHV and GVL. I was wondering if a design thats closely related can produce a stronger or different High. What are your thoughts on this ?
Following the discussion on the analogue's (long ago) and having used GHB and GBL. Which are equal in equivalent dosages although GBL seemed more addictive.

1.4-BDO is a slightly different high and the rest useless from recreational point of view. Maybe you should turn it around, as GHB is strong enough as it is. And look at the duration, as that is the point GHB is lacking. A duration twice as long would imo be a real improvement. A time release version like Concerta, so you get a dose and then slow released streching the experience to 8 hours.

I call this one Chill-Pill. It's chemical structure is 7-Pyrrole-1,3-dihydro-1-methyl-5-cyclohexyl-3H-1,4-benzodiazepin-2-one.

Well there's possibly a way of making it last longer you can add another molecule. My thoughts are on gamma-Butyrolactone-1,2-Pyridine.

It would at least be smelly. Pyridine really is an aromatic amine in more ways than one.

Here is a paper about the SAR of GHB analogs, looking into its affinity at the GABA receptors and the GHB sites. This paper came out before the GHB receptors were characterized, and its focus was finding selective ligands to better study those receptors.

Read the discussion, as it gets into the SAR of constrained analogs. It is the closest thing I can think of to your pyridine analog. It's pretty good.

I got the paper using scihub.

You can get away with not reading the methods at all and skimming the results (mainly looking at the figures but those are mainly binding curves for the different compounds. The discussion is the best part.

I liked 1,4-BDO aka HO-CH2CH2CH2CH2-OH, but it also kicked my butt.

random question for chemistry bros

how difficult would it be to convert beta hydroxybutyrate (BHB) to gamma hydroxybutyrate (GHB)?

obviously not asking for synth details

seems like a simple change, but probably not that simple?

just curious

I noticed a family member was taking BHB pills as a ketone/diet aid, and it made me do a double take when I saw it. I wasn't aware it was sold as a supplement.

I call this one Bencyclo It's chemical structure is 5-Phenyl-Dibenzofuran-2,8-Dicyclohexylamine.

Last edited:
I call this one X-clone. It's chemical structure is 3,4-Methylenedioxy-methylalphamethylcyclohexylamine.