Irritated Dreams

December Flower

Bluelighter
Not sure if this fits here,

I've been trying to cut down the last drug I'm still abusing to a point, which is Marihuana.
Easy stuff, or so I thought. My problem now is that my dreams are coming back, and that is scaring me.

I dream, and always have dreamt(since I was 4 or so) excruciatingly painful & terrifying stuff. I woke up screaming my entire life. I'd forgotten about how bad they were. I can never tell that they are dreams, so I always take them for reality.

Does anybody know other ways to shut off dreams, or is somebody learned in steering dreams the right direction? I have been trying to learn how to lucid dream, but as soon as I'm confronted with my fucked up nightmare version of dream space my mind forgets all about that it's in a dream.

I'm sorry to hear that. I have occasional night terrors from PTSD. I wouldn't suggest melatonin to sleep as it can cause dreams to become more vivid. However, Benadryl may be beneficial in keeping you asleep. It makes me sleep like a baby. Also, if you continue to have bad dreams I would suggest seeing a doctor and they can prescribe you sleep aids like seroquel, trazadone (my favorite sleep aide) etc. which I have never ever dreamed on.

I'm sorry to hear that. I have occasional night terrors from PTSD. I wouldn't suggest melatonin to sleep as it can cause dreams to become more vivid. However, Benadryl may be beneficial in keeping you asleep. It makes me sleep like a baby. Also, if you continue to have bad dreams I would suggest seeing a doctor and they can prescribe you sleep aids like seroquel, trazadone (my favorite sleep aide) etc. which I have never ever dreamed on.

Thanks for replying. Sadly I have them (almost) every night since I cut down on the weed :( Yeah I've tried Melatonin, made my dreams much worse. Benadryl was quite helpful in nights where I woke up often, I've forgotten about that one. Maybe I can learn to lucid dream with it. If I can achieve that all is good

I would like however to look for a permanent solution, if there is one. I really don't want to be dependant on another substance, or I could just smoke weed instead.

I've seen some doctors about this, but they always just want to give me drugs :(

I've seen some doctors about this, but they always just want to give me drugs :(

Ah I see. I'm sorry, I used trazadone for awhile and now I don't and I haven't had one for awhile. So I don't know if that fixed the problem or if my therapy has helped. Is it about something in particular? Because the subconscious is powerful and talking it out can be really powerful

Ah I see. I'm sorry, I used trazadone for awhile and now I don't and I haven't had one for awhile. So I don't know if that fixed the problem or if my therapy has helped. Is it about something in particular? Because the subconscious is powerful and talking it out can be really powerful
If I can't fix it, I will just smoke weed again. I was pretty content with how it stopped my dreams almost entirely.

Aww, it's hard to think about if they have something in common. The only thing I can think about is that many have loud unpredictable noises in them, which triggers my AS like murder. So I already feel uncomfortable just by the sounds I hear while sleeping.

They have a big range actually, from things that scare me (clowns, heights, being chased), to things that hurt me emotionally(esp. about a relationship I ruined), to dreams where everything runs in a repeating pattern over and over and over and over.

edit: Come to think about it the being chased part is probably the one that I dream about most often