• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Ketamine salts solubility

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the closest I could find. It replaces NH3 with ethylenediamine in THF.

Scalable Birch reduction with lithium and ethylenediamine in ... https://www.researchgate.net/public...ithium_and_ethylenediamine_in_tetrahydrofuran

I would substitute EDTA for ethylenediamine if I were a chemist based on what I read the other day but can't find now.
Ethelynediamine is going to be wholly different. It lacks those 4 coordinating carboxyls that bind metals. This use seems more like a substitute for ammonia.

Yes, THF is the solvent. But EDTA will work even better than ethylenediamine as the N source, from what I've read lately.

The thing about FENYL_FEINDING is that it will likely last a long time because benzoic acid should not be its 50% excretion product as it is for amp and meth due to the cyclohexyl ring being attached to the benzylic carbon. I am actually quite favorably impressed and am on Day 3. It has a unique feel and is not devastatingly over powerful like amp and meth can be.

Stronger stimulation but less color enhancement. Probably has to be snorted or injected to give the desired effects, like bupropion. Here, let me post the structure we're talking about:

N-tert-butyl-1-phenyl-1-oxo-2-aminopropane.png

NEUROPROTECTION
N-tert-butyl-1-phenyl-1-oxo-2-aminopropane

There you go, I even named it after your username.

Thanks for that.

A caffeine molecule without the two oxygens, is it possible? C8H10N4(Desoxicaffeine) maybe we need a few extra hydrogens for the molecule to be stable, but my point is, could there be a caffeine analog consisting of only carbon, hydrogen and nitrogen. if so, I assume this would be a very interesting stimulant.

sorry if this one’s already been mentioned, but what about n n Diphenyl tryptamine. if that acts as a psychedelic, I dread to think what the experience would be like, and how long it would last

A caffeine molecule without the two oxygens, is it possible? C8H10N4(Desoxicaffeine) maybe we need a few extra hydrogens for the molecule to be stable, but my point is, could there be a caffeine analog consisting of only carbon, hydrogen and nitrogen. if so, I assume this would be a very interesting stimulant.

Thanks for posting that. Before I click on the link, do you know if it is just images? if that’s the case, I may have difficulty interpreting it due to my blindness. Nevertheless, thanks for posting it. Do you know if there was any reference to my molecule of interest?

It has crude ASCII images but below that it has a bunch of references and a synopsis of what each reference deals with.

It would appear that animal studies have been carried out on these caffeine analogues.

Some of them appear to be more potent BUT animal models are often very poor when it comes to psychoactives.

It has crude ASCII images but below that it has a bunch of references and a synopsis of what each reference deals with.

It would appear that animal studies have been carried out on these caffeine analogues.

Some of them appear to be more potent BUT animal models are often very poor when it comes to psychoactives.

Yes thanks. I had a look through but I didn’t find any analogues that lacked oxygen atoms. maybe that doesn’t exist if oxygen is a key part of the caffeine structure.

Diphenyl where?

Not that it matters - add two benzenes ANYWHERE on the tryptamine scaffold and the LogP means that without an as yet undiscovered active transport, it won't cross the BBB.

Thanks for that.

My knowledge of chemistry is extremely poor yet I still kind of enjoyed the subject. I was thinking of adding one or two phenyl groups where the two methyl groups of DMT would normally be. however, as you said, if it won’t cross the BBB, then there’s probably no point. thanks again for your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.