View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DPT

One38

Bluelighter
What are your opinions on this chem? How would it compare to shrooms or acid? Erowid's got pretty mixed up reviews/reports, so I'm trying to get the real deal.
Peace,
One38

Erowid is the real deal. It really is a mixed bag of experiences.
I have smoked it several times with excellent results; serious head trip, wonderful body buzz, empathogenic, great comedown.
Your results may vary.
Also trying doing a search for DPT on this site, tons of posts on DPT will give you a good idea of what's going on in the field.
PS - Erowid rocks.
[ 19 March 2002: Message edited by: cascadia ]

remember the dpt you can buy right now off the net is the hcl not freebase... unless you convert it to freebase dpt you have to either snort it or eat it, eating it is expensive and snorting it sounds a little to hellish....but i guess it's your choice...

1 gram rue orally+50mg dpt buttrocket :D ivine intoxication.
imho an maoi must be used if dpt is taken orally it really helps.snorting is out of the question its brutal!the buttrocket is the hookup to get the most bang for your buck.erowid has a report on it but he used 100mgs.i cant imagine.dpt is beutifull.

DPT can be an incredibly intense and somewhat unforgiving psychedelic, depending on the dosage. Approach this one with extreme caution and start with a low dosage, I didn't and got my ass kicked. The link in my signature leads to my experiences with it.

Snorting it isn't THAT bad...and I have a good amount of experiance with it, the flavor of it is much worse then the burn.

DPT burn is nothing, the taste is horrible, ok? ant Indole derivitive, will usualy smell like hell and\or taste like hell, at least one of the two. Try smelling Pure indole if you have the chance, then you will see why, AMT, DPT, DiPT, etc etc, smell like shit, and\or Taste like shit. My next experiance on DPT will eaither be, Oraly with an MAOI, or IMed, depends on the situation, and also depends on when I get some more.

The real deal is - reading trip reports about a psychedelic you've never tried is of limited value. Even if the report is very well done, its about a state you've never experienced. If you've never tripped, then you're really not going to figure it out from a report. If you've tripped, you're going to read the DPT reports but interpret them based on your experiences with what you have tried (shrooms and LSD). They do have very much in common - there's about as much overlap between LSD and shrooms as there is between LSD and DPT, or DPT and shrooms. However, there are also unique qualities that are just outside your realm of experience. These can be very significant!
The key thing here is just to be aware that reading trip reports is not going to give you definative knowledge. They are crude maps at best. They can contain mistakes, there can be improper dose measurements, the substances could be impure or not what the user thought. The author could be omitting important details, or embellishing the story. The whole thing could be a lie. People have varying reactions to drugs.
People reading too much into trip reports is a very widespread problem, and leads to some disappointments and disasters. Its best to approach all reports on a given substance collectively, rather than giving too much importance to any individual report. These are some useful writings, just dont treat them as gospel.

True. However what we can derive from reports with some degree of relevance is:
DPT is a shorter trip, lasting 3-4 hours if insuflated. It struck me as very LSD-like but much faster.
Also, it is every bit as intricate as LSD. What do I mean by that ? Well, most would say 5MEO-DIPT has a limited complexity in most situations. There isn't a lot of variance due to changes in set and setting. DPT is right up there with LSD in terms of sheer complexity, variance, richness, potential, and dependencies on dynamic factors.
Finally, DPT has more of a body load than LSD (like a tremor or restlessness) when the dose is high - although this is subjective and based on method of intake.
Don't do it alone - you need company for this one, someone willing to listen to bollox. TV, online chat or telephone are poor substitutes IMHO. Out in the countryside with friends is fantastic.