View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DPT trial and error

peepshawty

Greenlighter
Over this past weekend I finally decided that I was ready to try DPT. I had prepared to take it and had set aside 60mg to be insufflated. After ingestion I had barely noticed any visual differences and mostly just had sensations in my body and head. After about 2-3 hours I was back to baseline. This experience left me incredibly disappointed so the next night I decided that I would just jump up to 100mg insufflated so I could get a full experience. Doing this amount definitely gave me more of a trip but it was still nothing even close to what I was expecting. Very low level visuals but a lot more bodyload. I know that the stuff is real because I had a friend try 40mg insufflated and they reported having a pretty intense trip.

I'm wondering if it's possible that the use of cocaine a few days prior to the attempted trip could have somehow messed with my ability to absorb the DPT?

I'm wondering if it's possible that the use of cocaine a few days prior to the attempted trip could have somehow messed with my ability to absorb the DPT?

I don't think so. It just seems to me to be a ideosyncratic reaction, or maybe you're just a natural hardhead with DPT.

You could just be overlooking the introspective and psychedelic effects that DPT has to offer. It's a very, very different experience than any other psychedelic I've tried. The trip came on in a totally different way and was much different than anything else when I tried it.

30 mg insufflated should be plenty strong for most people trying this out for the first time. Experienced people might try more after a few trial runs, good set/setting and a couple weeks minimum to reset. I've gone as high as 90 mg insufflated after prolonged abstinence from psychedelics and I wouldn't recommend going anywhere near that much unless you really like to go far out there. If you redose multiple times in a day then that's different, you tend to loose the extreme weirdness that makes this an infamous psychedelic when you space your doses too close together. Your doses sound way too high to be honest, not sure if you got real pure DPT unless there is some other explanation. Doubt it's the coke causing the lack of effects.

Did your friend try the same batch you got? Perhaps best to source your stuff from a different vendor.

Maybe you didn't snort it effectively and ended up swallowing a bunch of it. DPT is way less effective orally if that happens.

DPT is stupidly weak orally better with MAOI, snorting works but is agony so it's smoking vaping for this one imo

I honestly didn't find snorting it to be anywhere near as agonizing as everyone has described. It was slightly unpleasant and that's about it. Nowhere even close to 2Cs or the like.

That's a good point though, perpetualdawn. It's very, very easy to snort something in an ineffective manner.

I remember my first sample of 250mg DPT. Tried twice in a meth pipe with shit results (never used style pipe before).

Plugged like 20 or 40mg with some mxe and FUCK. Locked eyes with my cat and we went off into the multi/uni/verse.

You would know if the DPT is working. Like others have said you are probably insulfating so hard most of it drips into your stomach. An oral dose of DPT is 200mg+ soooo.

on an unrelated note... my nose was clogged from too much ketamine so I was doing headstands after snorting lines to keep it from dripping out. Completely pointless but pretty fucking awesome I think. I mean come on. Holding 1 min headstands while fucked out of your mind in an effort to help the ket absorb into sinuses better. Pretty LOL

Hehehe I do that sometimes with tricky substances, lay off the bed with my head hanging off to keep it up there.

I actually haven't had good luck with plugging DPT though. It wasn't near as effective as snorting was. It took over double the material to feel even near what snorting gave.

I agree that snorting DPT doesn't hurt too bad, at least with the batches I've tried. But for some reason it does seem a bit hard on the sinuses the next day, sometimes I'll have a little bit of bloody snot.

peepshawty: the DPT I've come across is a very light powder. When you're sniffing it, make sure the straw is right up in your nose lined up with the hole at the back of your nose, and then sniff it very lightly, so you don't over-sniff it into the back of your throat.. Your goal is to make the DPT arrive in your sinuses where you can absorb it effectively. Maybe that helps, maybe not.

I've had the same experience. Very light powder with very light snorting necessary.

My friend that tried it was from the same batch that I took. I feel as though I was definitely prepared for what the substance was going to offer me and quite excited for the trip. I even set up a dimly lit area with soothing music as I prepared to snort it. The pain wasn't too bad and I barely made sure to snort it gently enough to not have much of a drip at all. The most prevalent feelings I noted was mostly just feeling very fucked up in the body and that it was a little difficult to keep my hands steady. The visual aspect was mainly just very slightly warped. Things looked very different but hard to explain. Barely any CEV if any really at all. My doses were accurately measured, the first attempt was 60mg exactly and the second was 101mg exactly.

3 weeks prior to my first attempt with the DPT I had taken quite a high dose of 4-aco-dmt to try to prepare myself for a very heavy expected trip with the DPT. My dose of the 4-aco-dmt was about 80mg snorted and left me nearly speechless with how intense it was. Could the high dose of the other tryptamine have somehow caused a tolerance to the DPT even after waiting 3 weeks in between doses?

This weekend I plan on giving DPT one last chance with what I have left, which is about 250mg. I plan on just working my way up to the desired effect and if I get up to 250 without getting what I am hoping for out of it I'll probably just give up on the substance. I'll report back with results.

Also, the 100mg was done in in a total of about 30 minutes trying to feel out for desired effect. Snorted 50mg then 15min later another 25mg and so on.

First, 80mg snorted of 4-AcO-DMT is unreasonably high.

Second, what you described as your experience in the first paragraph is exactly what I experienced. Like I said, I think you're just not understanding what this drug has to provide. It's not going to take you places like 4-AcO-DMT does. Most of the experience comes through the bodily sensations which you stated you had very obviously. It's those very sensations that when delved into lead to the introspection and truth this drug has to offer. It won't take you there, you have to do it yourself.

Sounds like you might be a natural hardhead if you're taking doses like 80mg of 4-AcO-DMT. 3 weeks would normally be long enough to clear most tolerance, but with a dose that high, there could still be tolerance.

Also like psy997 said, you might be looking for the wrong things with DPT. It's not really a visual substance, more of a visionary substance IMO. He describes the path to it's insights well I think:

It's those very sensations that when delved into lead to the introspection and truth this drug has to offer. It won't take you there, you have to do it yourself.

Sounds like your previous DPT dose was last weekend? If so, doing it again this weekend might be too early.
Are you drinking booze or on any other drugs leading up to the DPT? Things like benzos and booze will seriously attenuate the effects of most psychedelics. Are you on any meds?

Not on any medications other than mirtazipine occasionally for sleep. I do not drink alcohol and haven't taken any benzos in years. I have found that for most drugs it usually takes more for me to get the same effects as other people despite being of relatively average stature, 6'2 180lbs. From what I had researched of other people's experience with DPT I may be a little misinformed as I thought that the visual aspect was up there with dmt i.e being thrust into hyperspace. Most of what I have read puts DPT up there in the same class as dmt when it comes to tryptamines. But if that's not what I should be expecting then maybe on my next attempt I will just let the substance take me where it wants and not worry about what I think should be happening. I felt that last time it maybe wasn't the best experience because I was anticipating certain things to happen that never really did. The one thing that I can't wrap my head around is why even after a dose the size of the one I took I felt that my state of mind was relatively normal and noticed very subtle mental change.

On a side note, I agree that the 80mg of 4-aco-dmt was a bit high. I started out with 50mg and after about 30 minutes had very little effect so I split up the other 30mg into two lines and did them both concurrently. After about 5 minutes the first dose hit me hard and I realized that I was going to be in for a ride. When the trip started I was laying in bed watching Netflix and felt almost like I couldn't move (I could but it was just difficult so I didn't) I ended up picking up my phone to check the time and thought that it had updated itself because it looked completely different than I have ever seen before. I realized after checking through it for a little bit that it was just the drug. It was a very strange visual experience for me as I normally just experience letters floating around or swirling on the screen but none of that was happening. I was seeing things in an almost cartoon fashion and even the font seemed strange. One phenomenon I also experienced was that when I held the phone away from my face at a normal distance my vision seemed very sharp and all outlines were very distinct. When I moved the phone close to my face, close enough so that I wouldn't normally be able to read the text, my eyes would adjust and the text would appear to shrink to a size that I could still read it. The same thing happened when I moved the phone away from my face except the text just increased in size. I also noted that my skin looked like when you place a bright flashlight up against it and it illuminates it into that reddish orange color but with neon yellow outlines. The last things I remember were going into the bathroom and looking at myself for a little while just watching my face morph which I usually do while tripping just because I find it interesting. The effects the substance had on my body were immense and I had to focus all of my attention if I was going to move anywhere. One mistake I made was when I was in the bathroom I shut the light off as I prepared to go back to my room and was suddenly hit with some crazy machine like visuals. This was so disorienting that I lost all bearing of where I was in my bathroom and it took me about 10 minutes of trying to feel around for something familiar so that I could find the light switch. After this I went back to bed and decided to lay with my eyes closed and that's when I started to have intense close eyes visuals that resembled me being jnside the gears of an enourmous clock. I enjoyed that for a while and ended up falling asleep.

Yea I didn't get visuals in the usual sense ala DMT with DPT. As perpetualdawn said, it's more visionary, and that's different than "visuals". Don't expect anything like DMT, it's nothing like that. Nor any other psychedelic for that matter. It's completely different, which is what I've been trying to get at. It will thrust you into a totally different place but only if you're able to grasp it and follow it's subtle hints down the hole. Ala, the body load and sensations.

Hehehe I do that sometimes with tricky substances, lay off the bed with my head hanging off to keep it up there.

I actually haven't had good luck with plugging DPT though. It wasn't near as effective as snorting was. It took over double the material to feel even near what snorting gave.

Weird, I havr never snorted DPT, so cant comment. 50mg or less plugged gives a full experience for me. Only time I go higher than that is with an empathogen cuz there is some scary shit out there.

Also, I am talking full on yoga style headstand (tripod I think) after sniffing a fat line of ket.

The one I have was terribly painful to snort, like nothing I have snorted before. For the record it is kind of purple (or pinkish) if my memory serves me well. I had and strong pain in my throat until almost the end of the experience.
I am gonna plug next time, I thought dosage was gonna be similar to snorting but anyway I happily trade double the amount to avoid the uncomfortable pain. The substance was probably enough uncomfortable already with its caracteristic leg tremor. Probably loading on a dissociative beforehand to try to take care of that, or so was the advice a received.

DPT is a strange animal. Didn't like it much really but expectations could have played an important part in that. Probably it improves when you know where you are getting into.

Drifting out of topic, the other day I saw a video on bioenergetic therapy and they were provoking some tremor in the legs mainly by using special postures. They believe that tremor is the way to realease the tension past traumas store in our body. Interesting to see how emotional got the patient in a few minutes.
If they are right, and I really don't know about that, we could make the hypothesis DPT could be doing the same.
Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7f92fscxUQ

Last edited:
That's another thing, I really didn't get much of the so called tremors or vibration that comes out of nowhere. Sure my hands were shaking in trying to do precise movements, but I never experienced that vibration that everyone's always on about, and I had a very strong experience. My theory was that I'd had such a strong spiritual discipline at the time that I was capable of anchoring and being in higher frequencies and thus had no trouble. Which is really why I finally tried it in the first place, I felt like for the first time ever I could handle such strong energy.