• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DPH vs Xanax Sedation

Murder Mitten

Greenlighter
Hello everyone now I know Alprazolam is an Anti Anxiety medication but as we all know with Alprazolam comes sedation. I've heard DPH can also sedate you at proper the dose. Does anyone find the sedation from DPH compareable to Xanax?

Last edited:
I've never had Xanax before, but 150/200mg of DPH is very enjoyable for me. You are heavily sedated at this dose and super relaxed, just lying down watching a film feels like the best thing in the world.

I've never had Xanax before, but 150/200mg of DPH is very enjoyable for me. You are heavily sedated at this dose and super relaxed, just lying down watching a film feels like the best thing in the world.

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll try 175mg tomorrow and see how it goes with a nice blunt.

I take 125 mg in the morning as a upper before adderall xr kicks in. God dam it my brain is weird. Xanax makes me calm. Dph makes me hyper, slightly stupid, heart race, and increases my pupil size heart rate and blood pressure.

Honestly, I can only do 25 - 50 mg of diph before the RLS kicks in and makes me extremely uncomfortable. However, that amount can occasionally be pleasurable for me before bedtime, especially when combined with weed. Crazy dreams, too.

That's great that Fermonos has had good results, but I'd say in general, results from the sedating antihistamines, Diphenhydramine included are heavily mixed. For many, just as the sedation would become appreciated, negative effects will come into play often resembling Restless Legs Syndrome. A general feeling of unease and discomfort is going to be the first indication you've taken too much, leading to eventual delirium and more severe akathisia.

Diphenhydramine can help push someone into sleep who is just barely not capable of getting to sleep themselves, but definitely won't mimic the effects of a Benzodiazepine like Alprazolam.

Could akathsia be why i tend to wrap myself tight in a blanket because otherwise I feel funny like twitchy and I like the tight limited range of motion

I appreciate Keifs reply to my comment, but I believe at the dosage I suggested there would be no delirium, I don't think I've read anywhere that anyone has badly tripped on 150mg, yeah you can get little eye floaters and small hallucinations like black flies at the corner of your sight etc but nothing scary or serious. In fact I think vision becomes extremely pleasurable at his dose, Everything seems more brighter and it's so fulfilling to just stare at your monitor or even wall.

I will admit though that the RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) will become apparent at this dosage, even at 50mg it's a problem for me. Although after acclimating after a few doses of DPH the RLS stopped for me.

I experience exactly the same degree of changes in vision at that dose. But I think its important that maybe for us we might not find it very disturbing if someone Is Not I as into drugs like I know alot of kids who havent done any drugs or only smoke pot. If they start seeing a fly or bright colors or blurry vision ect they might be more distressed by it