• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Doxylamine Succinate (antihistamine) for stimulant induced insomnia

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Has anybody used OTC antihistamines like doxylamine succinate to sleep after a stim binge? I know seroquel works a treat for putting you to sleep at low doses by functioning as an antihistamine but was wondering if other antihistamines are

(a) Effective

(b) More or less effective than benzos for sleep

Has anybody used OTC antihistamines like doxylamine succinate to sleep after a stim binge? I know seroquel works a treat for putting you to sleep at low doses by functioning as an antihistamine but was wondering if other antihistamines are

(a) Effective

(b) More or less effective than benzos for sleep

Might be effective at the distance tail of low to perhaps moderate doses, but absolutely not as effective as benzos.

Also, doxylamine, snorted? Really? Is it actually more effective snorted? Certainly possible i suppose.

Not if your still high they're not that strong at all, I'm about to buy Promethazine to use as I'm coming off other stuff but I wouldnt even expect that to work in high dose after uppers and its the strongest OTC antihistamine

I'm in agreement with the others here as well. I'll tend to combine a few things (eg alpha & B-blockers) with a 1st gen antihistamine, as by itself it's rarely potent enough to overcome the stimulating effect of all that D2/NE activity from the stims.