View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Doxycycline with LSD?

rich uncle skeleton

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm new here so apologies if this is not the right place...
I'd like to ask if anyone has any experience taking LSD while on Doxycycline antibiotics? I yesterday started a prescribed course of 200mg/day for suspected Lyme disease (tick bite with red bullseye mark).
I've got tickets to music festival this weekend where I was planning to take 200ug LSD on Saturday, however I have come across a warning that Doxycycline may have a dangerous interaction with ergotamine, which is chemically quite similar to LSD. I can't find any warning not to use LSD with it though (eg this list on erowid). I suspect it wouldn't be a problem as ergotamine is toxic whereas LSD is not, and the interaction is suspected to work by inhibiting the breakdown of ergot alkaloids. Also, the amount of LSD is so much smaller than the usual ergotamine dose of 2mg. I'd feel a lot better knowing that others have experience of tripping while on this medication without adverse effects.
Other drugs that are available for the weekend include 2c-b, MDMA, ketamine and psilocybin, so again if anyone is aware of any bad reactions between any of these and Doxycycline I'd appreciate knowing. Thanks!

If there’s a serious interaction with ergotamine there might be some (serious?) unpleasantness with LSD.

If there’s a serious interaction with ergotamine there might be some (serious?) unpleasantness with LSD.
Yeah that's what I'm concerned about. I'm leaning towards doing mushrooms instead but I'd rather do acid, I much prefer it with music.

It would be great if anyone with experience of LSD on Doxycycline could chip in on whether they do interact or not.

I'm pretty sure I took acid a few times when I was on doxycycline for Lyme treatment a month ago.
It was fine for me.
Doxycycline had some unpleasant side effect on its on like head tension. It may have raised my BP too.

I'm pretty sure I took acid a few times when I was on doxycycline for Lyme treatment a month ago.
It was fine for me.
Doxycycline had some unpleasant side effect on its on like head tension. It may have raised my BP too.
That's good to know, thank you. Did it clear up ok?

I haven't had an side effects, bit of nausea and fatigue but that passed already so I'm putting it down to the Lyme disease.

It's something you have to live with. But my understanding is the Lyme bacteria that causes the disease goes dormant. Not sure if it's possible for it to come back later in life.

It was fine for me.
One other thing... did you notice if the LSD seemed stronger? Wondering if I should lower my dose.
Thanks

Thanks, appreciate the responses.

If I do the acid tonight I'll report back so that's another data point for anyone wondering the same.