View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DOx? Why is it so bad?

hambonejohn

Greenlighter
Sorry if SWIM is not supposed to say "SWIM". However this is SWIM's first post, please say something if it is frowned upon.

Dosed: 7:00 PM Day 1
Peaked: 10:00 PM Day 1
"Came to": 11:00 AM Day 2
Sober: 6:00 AM Day 3

I was recently sold a pack of gum with what was supposedly, "100% for sure LSD". I was skeptical, but obliged and ended up eating 2 of them. My trip was absolutely horrible. Body load was on another level - prickly feeling in fingers, PRESSURE in the head, vasoconstriction like never before, random feelings of being poisoned rather than tripping. Now, the trip itself was quite powerful, and could have been enjoyable/useful had it felt safe (I am an experienced tripper, and had come incredibly close to walking to the hospital down the street; this was not psychological, but rather legitimate fear of my body coming out of this safely). Arms melting into the bed, room becoming tiny while I felt like a giant, CEV's showing me ridiculous thoughts (frog people in suits nagging about random shit, snakes coming out of snakes coming out of prehistoric lizards, generally insane paranoid schizophrenic psychosis basically. Not to mention all the imaginary people talking to me. That's really the tip of the iceberg, I don't have the time - or the memory - to describe everything.

After some research, I concluded that it was actually some form of DO(x). The onset time, slight resemblance to acid, and duration convinced me.

My question, I guess, is: Can anyone relate? And, has anyone had a good time on this nightmare of a drug?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please read the rules, we don't SWIM here.

Many people enjoy the DOx series, especially DOM. The dose makes the poison, sane doses can be very enjoyable. Also buy a test kit :)

Hey buddy, welcome to Bluelight. As above, we don't SWIM. Just makes things annoying to read ;)

We don't allow substance ID, though it seems you've concluded you received DOx. If this were the case, having taken 2 hits of it (DOC is usually dosed around 2-2.5mg from what I've seen) thinking it was acid was almost certainly going to end in a displeasurable experience. As rio said - the dose makes the poison - so it's likely 2 hits was a bit high for something you weren't at all expecting.

Those were dosed higher than was safe and dealers shouldn't misrepresent drugs. People take 10 strips of LSD. Imagine if you consumed ten of those thinking they were LSD? At least you survived two.

DOX based chemicals like DOC and DOM are amazing In my opinion, i love the extensive trip with the amphetamine energy. What i have come up with that is with chemicals like this you just need to let them take you on a journey to see the giant space monster ;) and if you fight back then the chemical may fight back against you.

Those were dosed higher than was safe and dealers shouldn't misrepresent drugs. People take 10 strips of LSD. Imagine if you consumed ten of those thinking they were LSD? At least you survived two.

Oh stop man. I like your posts and I know you are mainly concerned with HR but I think you are blowing this thing out of proportion so long as the person is healthy and keeps dosages within reason.

as the person before said you are blowing it out of proportion, DOX based chemicals are quite safe even in extremely high doses. I have only been able to find a extreme OD case where a person took over 100mg of DOC and had extremely bad vasoconstriction but they did survive. And me personally I have taken 13mg or 13tab and I have been fine

Body load was on another level - prickly feeling in fingers, PRESSURE in the head, vasoconstriction like never before, random feelings of being poisoned rather than tripping.

I am an experienced tripper, and had come incredibly close to walking to the hospital down the street; this was not psychological, but rather legitimate fear of my body coming out of this safely

The original comment describes an overdose lasting multiple days nearly requiring hospitalization from two doses. I am confused with the fact I am the only other person acknowledging DOX chemicals have serious risks. Yes, hambonejohn I have also experienced concerning physical symptoms from low doses of DOX chemicals, specifically DOC. In comparison with LSD and psilocybin DOX chemicals are less safe.

Oh stop man. I like your posts and I know you are mainly concerned with HR but I think you are blowing this thing out of proportion

Did you disagree with me saying dealers shouldn't misrepresent drugs or me saying dosing research chemicals heavily enough two could result in hospitalization was excessive?

I recently had an extremely intense trip on 10 mg of DOM. The visions became very intense and at one point I met a character named steamboat bill jr, he introduced himself as a seller of lsd and psilocybin and lsd asking if I needed any. I said I was good. He said also said if I had any questions regarding psychedelic substances to contact him on the harm - reduction site bluelight. One more thing that he mentioned was that he had an alternate profile I should check out as well, under the name of John hambone.

I recently had an extremely intense trip on 10 mg of DOM. The visions became very intense and at one point I met a character named steamboat bill jr, he introduced himself as a seller of lsd and psilocybin and lsd asking if I needed any. I said I was good. He said also said if I had any questions regarding psychedelic substances to contact him on the harm - reduction site bluelight. One more thing that he mentioned was that he had an alternate profile I should check out as well, under the name of John hambone.

[SARCASTIC TONE] I also time traveled and secretly created those medically confirmed reports of DOX fatalities and seizures in multiple medical journals. The story from the Shroomery with the person nearly dieing and then having toes fall off, just my photoshoping handy work. I also created all of the other reports of physical complications from DOX chemicals on the web.[SARCASTIC TONE]

Seriously your hallucination wasn't the real me. I learned if you desire advocating psychedelics drug dealing isn't the most profitable nor successful option. Personally I noticed the illegal drug dealers were eventualy busted, robbed, ect. The money wasn't particularly impressive compared with legal options either. I also compared drug dealers impact on society with people such as Strausman, Nichols, Doblin, the McKennas, ect. then chose the legal path of working with psychedelics. My aspirations are in the direction of those men rather than drug dealers. If you aren't familiar yet research those people on the net.

I apologize that was a pretty poor attempt at humor on my part, I was a little bored and a lot intoxicated. Honestly that's awesome that your making a positive difference with introducing people to psychedelics. As far as DOx safety goes, I guess we can just agree to disagree :)

Something to keep in mind, especially if newbies are reading this, just because DOx (likewise, 25x, 2Cx etc.) is "safe" at high dosages, it does not necessarily speak to the safety of ALL chemicals in that group.

I worked the chain back to the guy who produced the mystery substance I described in my original post. He claims it to surely be DOC. My doses were pieces of gum that were absolutely soaked with drops - pretty sure my dose was rather high. That being said, be careful with this stuff, I don't know how much I took, but it was contained on 2 sticks of gum, and im not quite sure I'd be here is it was much more than that.

Something to keep in mind, especially if newbies are reading this, just because DOx (likewise, 25x, 2Cx etc.) is "safe" at high dosages

25X-NBOMe drugs aren't safe and people died from normal doses. The consensus is 25X-NBOMe drugs aren't safe with doses high.

Elaborating on this, binding assays show the pharmacological profile of NBOMe drug is nearly identical. The most significant variation is potency. The DOX drugs we have data on (DOB, DOI, and DOC) also exhibit the same pharmacological profile as 25X-NBOMe drugs. The drugs bind strongly and selectively with 5HT2 receptors. The pathological findings in the overdoses I linked further support this similarity. Fatalities from DOB, DOC, and 25X-NBOMe drugs share the same pathological findings in the medical literature I have read.

The exception is 2C-X drugs. Most of those drugs bind strongly with receptors other than 5HT2 and have increased safety profiles. Alas, further supporting high selectivity at 5HT-2 is associated with toxicity the exception amongst 2C-X drugs is 2C-T-7. 2C-T-7 caused fatalities. 2C-T-7 is different than most other 2C-X drugs and binds abnormally strongly and selectively at 5HT2 receptor types.

Find my full explanation with sources in the appropriate thread.

TLDR: Evidence shows DOB, DOC, 25X-NBOMe, and 2C-T-7 carry this risk of fatality. These risks increase with dose consumed by the user.

I enjoyed the night of the DOC trip, but not spending the entire next day coming down at work. Got some real weird looks, this old lady stared straight into my soul. Another problem was the light visuals and strong body buzz.
I prefer the classics, but i guess DOx's have their place, even historically!

OP - yeah a lot seem to like DOC in particular but they just aren't as readily accepted as things like acid - many get bodyload off PEA/a-PEAs. I've had DOM and didn't think it that great - DOC sounds worth a bash but there so long not sure if I am bothered at this stage in my life.