• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Double capping MDMA for it to take longer to kick in

Smugglerr

Bluelighter
Hey, so I've been thinking about something. When I go to shows, sometimes I find that I comedown too soon. It's not often, but I hate redosing and so sometimes I'm left like wonked and exhausted before a dj's set is over.

So I was thinking about how I could increase the time it takes to kick in, and I was wondering if you guys thought that getting a cap of MDMA and then putting that cap in a bigger capsule would increase the time it takes to kick in? This would let me reduce the amount of product and ultimately save me money

Also, I don't like redosing because whenever I do redose it has me too fucked up the next day, so I'd rather be able to take a cap before going into the venue and then being sober and eventually roll in the middle of the event and last until the show actually closes.

Thoughts? I have some doubts but I'm thinking it could possibly work.

Have you even tried re-dosing? A small re-dose of 40-60mg has never caused me any problems but significantly extends and even enhances the experience. Double capping is unlikely to make much difference tbh. Once you've taken the MDMA it will enter your bloodstream whereas the cap won't so in reality you'll probably come up in a very similar amount of time.

Can't you just wait with longer with the initial drop?

More paper or another gel cap isn't gonna slow it down much... You can try eating a large meal before going, but then you don't really have much control over how long the come up will be prolonged...

Have you even tried re-dosing? A small re-dose of 40-60mg has never caused me any problems but significantly extends and even enhances the experience. Double capping is unlikely to make much difference tbh. Once you've taken the MDMA it will enter your bloodstream whereas the cap won't so in reality you'll probably come up in a very similar amount of time.

Yeah I redose in small amounts like yours when I do, and I find that whenever I do redose the next day my head is destroyed ya know? Also, what I'm talking about is increasing the time it takes for the caps to dissolve so that the molly then dissolves after.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough! I'm not trying to prolong the come up, I just want the caps to take longer to dissolve so that the come up starts later in the night!

My theory is that my stomach will dissolve the first cap after a while and then will proceed to dissolve the second capsule that is inside of that one. The process of doing this isn't that complicated, I would just do something like those russian babushka dolls, but I dont really know the science behind things dissolving in stomachs so thats why I'm here! :)

-----------------------------

Also, security here is super thorough and after a few of my friends got caught I don't like messing with chances, ya feel?

Last edited:
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough! I'm not trying to prolong the come up, I just want the caps to take longer to dissolve so that the come up starts later in the night!

You was clear. Maybe I wasn't. :p

No, it won't take much longer. Maybe a couple of minutes or so. If you want the come up to start later, you simply take the substance later. A huge meal can make the come up happen later, but there is no way of deciding how much later - could be 30 min, could be 2.5 hours... You get the point.

Yeah for sure! Just thought it would be worthy to ask! Thanks for the responses!!

Yeah, of course. :) Rizla paper or gel caps don't work. I don't know of anything that will (that isn't totally random). Unfortunately.

Why dont you just wait longer until you drop? Haha.. And plus, double caping would only slow it down by a few minutes, nothing noticeable... And ya, eating a big meal before droping definitley helps me take longer to feel it and then the high last longer too, but i dont peak nearly as hard.

capsules typically lose their integrity very fast, so a second one wouldn't be noticable really.
there is such a thing as delayed-release capsules, but as far as i know they are coated (after filling) with a polymer that only dissolves once the whole thing reaches specific points in the digestive tract. needless to say, that requires extensive knowledge, access to expensive equipment and is not something you can do at home.

Can't you just wait with longer with the initial drop?

More paper or another gel cap isn't gonna slow it down much... You can try eating a large meal before going, but then you don't really have much control over how long the come up will be prolonged...
I once had 2 C-B (which has a similar onset time to MDMA on an empty stomach) start to hit me a whopping 4 hours after I ingested it because I took it with a large dinner! I'd imagine since drugs are absorbed in the small intestine and not the stomach, a large meal in your stomach can cause equally large delays in any oral drug including MDMA. So yea, I don't suggest using food to delay the effects - you might even up feeling nothing for half the party and be peaking after it's ended.

Re-dosing a small amount after the first dose is probably the best route, just don't get into the habit of re-dosing multiple times a night, and definitely don't re-dose just to avoid the comedown. If you're dead set against that though, then like luxray suggests, just drop later in the night. Capsules dissolve so quickly multiple caps won't add more than a few minutes to the onset.

I always think a empty stomach is better and gives decent results; MD is fairly short if you prolong absorbtion you'll roll less maybe. Md leaves you a bit wonked - dunno how much a small redose makes a difference. You could split your dose by 1/2 hr. If your tired before the end of the dj set perhaps have cups saucers and china pot of tea delivered to your table.

Also, security here is super thorough and after a few of my friends got caught I don't like messing with chances, ya feel?
Yet you managed to sneak in your redose. So what's the problem with sneaking in the initial cap?

What about keeping it in your mouth while you try to get in? It's so small, just wrap it in kitchen foil. Be careful not to swallow it by accident as it will just go through you without dissolving at all. :)