• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dosing Question (Oxycodone)

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
So recently, I've been taking 5mg of oxycodone every 4-6 hours, for the past 2 weeks, and over the course of 4 months with minor breaks in between. Obviously, I know this is a very addicting substance. My question would be, if 5mg is not working quite as well as it use to, would you bump up dosing to every 2-3 hours, I'm wanting to try a 7.5 milligram dose.. but the last time I did it was a little to much, so how would you recommend the best way of getting close to that mark without taking it all at once. I figured, with the 5mg I would still carry some of it actively in my system @ about 2-3 hour interval. I'm wanting to try this today. I took my normal dose with a tylenol, as I twisted my foot something fierce and I'm currently sick. I know you don't use oxycodone for a cold, and that I'm playing with fire. But I'd like to know your input on how to safely go about this. I also have taking my daily vitamins, omega 3 and 6's my magnesium supplements while currently drinking Hemp Protein with almond milk so I have something on my stomach. Along with that I use 5htp 100mg twice daily, with a 500mg tyrosine also today. I just wanted to give y'all everything I've taken today. I will also be combining with medical marijuana periodically at low doses today. My goals are to reach pain relief, feel better and be productive today. I also would be lying if I said I didn't want a small buzz. I know, harm reduction doesn't mean advising me on how to best get high. But, I'd like to know how to safely reach my goals. I have a lot of experience with opiates so I'm not opiate naive by any standard. I just don't wanna die from taking a 7.5 milligram.

So recently, I've been taking 5mg of oxycodone every 4-6 hours, for the past 2 weeks, and over the course of 4 months with minor breaks in between. Obviously, I know this is a very addicting substance. My question would be, if 5mg is not working quite as well as it use to, would you bump up dosing to every 2-3 hours, I'm wanting to try a 7.5 milligram dose.. but the last time I did it was a little to much, so how would you recommend the best way of getting close to that mark without taking it all at once. I figured, with the 5mg I would still carry some of it actively in my system @ about 2-3 hour interval. I'm wanting to try this today. I took my normal dose with a tylenol, as I twisted my foot something fierce and I'm currently sick. I know you don't use oxycodone for a cold, and that I'm playing with fire. But I'd like to know your input on how to safely go about this. I also have taking my daily vitamins, omega 3 and 6's my magnesium supplements while currently drinking Hemp Protein with almond milk so I have something on my stomach. Along with that I use 5htp 100mg twice daily, with a 500mg tyrosine also today. I just wanted to give y'all everything I've taken today. I will also be combining with medical marijuana periodically at low doses today. My goals are to reach pain relief, feel better and be productive today. I also would be lying if I said I didn't want a small buzz. I know, harm reduction doesn't mean advising me on how to best get high. But, I'd like to know how to safely reach my goals. I have a lot of experience with opiates so I'm not opiate naive by any standard. I just don't wanna die from taking a 7.5 milligram.
7.5 mg of Oxycodone is very very unlikely to kill you on it's own especially as you already have that small amount of tolerance to this substance.

You are not going to want to hear this.. But, stop using it now unless absolutely necessary as it will it save you a whole lot of pain further down the road.

I thank you for your time, and I appreciate your honest and care by suggesting I stop it. I know this substance has killed and destroyed life, relationships, jobs family. I don't think I would be able to control this especially since the 5mg dose is not not working so I don't want it to appear that I have that intention . I stuck to normal dose today as Im having tons of pain in my left arch of my foot cause of playing around with dog, was it warranted... I'm not sure pain is subjective to me. I did take it with tylenol so what I think ill do is finish this last dose and try to work again to quitting. I just wanted to know if this pain don't stop and I decided to take a 7.5 milligram dose if I would end up overdosing. But again, I digress I should just go to the doctor... but sometimes that's easier said then done. Especially since I'm using this to treat a plethora of pain.. emotionally and physically. I will take note of what you said, so don't think my response is an attempt to nullify your good intentions. I just ask for prayers, or good vibes or whatever your thing is.. so that I can make the decision like a man to stop self medicating. I may just finish friday out vaping some sherblatto so I can pass out and get some rest and not keep taking meds just to stay up and be "productive" ehh im ranting, too much tyrosine today lol... anyways thank you again!
7.5 mg of Oxycodone is very very unlikely to kill you on it's own especially as you already have that small amount of tolerance to this substance.

You are not going to want to hear this.. But, stop using it now unless absolutely necessary as it will it save you a whole lot of pain further down the road.

First off, right off the bat, you will not die from taking a 7.5mg lol, especially when you're taking multiple 5mg per day for months. lol just wanted to get that off your mind.

Now, about your situation, given this is a short term issue, I highly recommend being very careful with opiates. Even at multiple 5mg doses per day, if you were to stop cold turkey right now, you may experience some withdrawals. If you do not need to, do not escalate the issue with the opiates. If you TRULY have pain, then maybe bump the frequency up to when its needed, but don't just take them on schedule if they are not needed. You do not want a bad opiate habit. And it can get very bad and out of hand before you even realize it. We have this crazy way of justifying things in our own heads so just be aware of this and only truly take what is needed.

With that all being said, try other less harmful and addictive things like cannabis or CBD along with the 5mg doses to see if that can help curb some of the additional pain so you do not need to increase the opiates. If anything, try to decrease the opiates. Good luck to you man! There are far too many of us who started right where you are at....and next thing you know, you are scoring dope because its cheaper and better. It is a VERY ugly road, and we suggest you monitor the opiate usage heavily.

Thank you, yes I realize I'm at a critical crossroads and I decided today not to escalate the initial dose any further then what I currently take. That being said, I added tylenol as I read it helps boost the efficiency of oxycodone. I definitely noticed some better effects, both pain wise and recreationally. I currently have a stash of different cannabis strains that I'm using in between dosages and I noticed when I get really high on a good indica I look at my oxy use in disgust with a motivation to stop it. I'm hoping this pain in my foot subsides soon as for now. I'm bump up dosing frequency to every 3 hours.. as I'll likely still have 2.5mg active in my system then.. but only if I need it. I'ma work at today... trying some cough drops for my sore throat. Slowing down on vaporized marijuana and getting some rest and off this foot. It always happens that as soon as I get stopped with the oxy, I end up getting a legit reason to use it again. That being said, I appreciate your time you took out of your day to respond and clear my head of the worry and I appreciate everyone that's continuing to try to get through to my hard headed ass to quit while I'm ahead. Hopefully this weekend I can get stoned all weekend on some good weed and get some rest and try to make some headway into this habit. That being said, I hope you all are having an amazing day and I wanted to thank you once again!
First off, right off the bat, you will not die from taking a 7.5mg lol, especially when you're taking multiple 5mg per day for months. lol just wanted to get that off your mind.

Now, about your situation, given this is a short term issue, I highly recommend being very careful with opiates. Even at multiple 5mg doses per day, if you were to stop cold turkey right now, you may experience some withdrawals. If you do not need to, do not escalate the issue with the opiates. If you TRULY have pain, then maybe bump the frequency up to when its needed, but don't just take them on schedule if they are not needed. You do not want a bad opiate habit. And it can get very bad and out of hand before you even realize it. We have this crazy way of justifying things in our own heads so just be aware of this and only truly take what is needed.

With that all being said, try other less harmful and addictive things like cannabis or CBD along with the 5mg doses to see if that can help curb some of the additional pain so you do not need to increase the opiates. If anything, try to decrease the opiates. Good luck to you man! There are far too many of us who started right where you are at....and next thing you know, you are scoring dope because its cheaper and better. It is a VERY ugly road, and we suggest you monitor the opiate usage heavily.