• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dosing others

Biggidy

Greenlighter
So, we all know that dosing people is a horrible, probably criminal thing to do.

I was unwillingly dosed with PCP once and it was one of the worst experiences of my life.

So I think I know the answer to this question already, but still want to ask.

My wife is constantly stressed to immobility. Angry, full of blame, and constantly negative.

She needs meds, but has a real stigma against psychopharmacology. Won't even consider it.

How wrong would it be to slip her .5mg Xanax without her knowing to see if it makes her happier? Of it does, I'd tell her and maybe she'd consider it and be a happier person.

Would that be, like, insanely unethical?

Replying because I forgot to subscribe ad don't know how to do that after the fact

I understand the conflict here. Honestly though you shouldn't do it. If she consented to take it then give it to her but she doesn't even know and that's a no no to do to anyone, particularly your partner. She's going to have to overcome these issues one way or another but that isn't the best way to do that. But I do get that it isn't with bad intention. Hope my answer helped

If someone secretly slipped powerful psychoactives knowlingly in my drink to see if ill be happier and that someone was my husband or boyfriend i would divorse and breakup with them on the and feel incredibly violated of trust

Yeah, I totally agree with both of you. As I said I already knew the answer. Just wanted it validated, I guess. Thx

Just like others said. Don't do it. It's extremely wrong. I'm not a SJW or anything but it's a fucked up thing to do.

My mother is the same, she is complaining 24/7 about her painful back and I'd love to take the pain away. I've told her countless of times to get some strong painkillers from the doctors but she won't all she will take is paracetamol but I'd never think of putting something in her drink even though it would make her better.

I think it would be helpful to her, since it would be giving her the chance to get help. However, she might get really upset with you, possibly to the point of a divorce. It would be highly illegal too, you'd definitely go to jail if you got caught, and she might press charges if you get a divorce. I really think it would be good for her, but overall it would be worse for her and you too because of the problems it would cause.

You can lead a horse to water you cant make it drink.

Sex feels great
Sex without knowning consent is called rape.

d1nach - That's a spectacular analogy.

And with that in mind I guess tying her to a chair and refusing to let her out until she takes a Xanax is also a bad idea?

Please ignore that last comment, y'all don;t know me but I have an...interesting sense of humor. :)

When someone gave you that PCP, you didn't like it. Even though this is a different sort of drug, it's still not a good thing to do. You could talk to her and tell her that you think this medication will help her relax. Does she see a doctor or counselor?

never understood home someone so miserable or suffering all the time would be opposed to taking drugs if it fixes the problem. So what now you have the crutch of being dependent on a drug?...is that really worse than being miserable and making your love one miserable for the rest of your life

I'm not strongly disagreeing w/everyone's answers. I used to get perscribed xanax for many yrs for panic attacks. .25 mg is the lowest mg there is. .5mg was usually not strong enough to help me when I needed it for my panic attacks, & .25mg was NEVER strong enough to help, so if u decide to, I'd break it in half, which would make it a .25mg, which I KNOW isn't very strong.... BUT, everyone is different, & what helps me when I'm having an attack, puts other people out.
Another thing to consider: If my ex-husband of 10 yrs slipped me something he thought was gonna help me, but I was to stubborn or hard headed to give it a try, I wouldn't get mad at him. We were MARRIED & all. I would be greatfull my husband cared about my happiness & well being. But, again, everyone IS different, & you know ur wife, so u r the only one with the answer to ur question there friend ;-) Hope this helped u w/ur desicion. You'll make the right choice.

Just a thought but would she consider a Psychedelic experience with you? Or maybe a night of mdma perhaps. These are less druggy if you can sell the idea well the long term effects of a deep introspectove trip with her SO (you) could be beneficial to her mental state