• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dosed very little, can i try again the next day? (4Homet)

Catodion

Bluelighter
Hi.

I've got a few questions about this 4-ho-met, and if you have any idea around my questions, just write your comment %)

I tried this drug a year ago, because my friend offered it to me. I had a really great time, asked him if he can sell it to me and he gave me the whole lot (1g) for very cheap because he said he "grew tired of it".

I took it again shortly after and I didn't have a really great trip. I wouldn't call it a bad trip since I know from experience just how freaked out people can get when they have a bad trip.
Let's just say I had a big episode of depressive derealisation, that really put my drug-use to a standstill for almost a year. That and I've been busy working and studying and didn't have time to take any of it again.

I sealed the bag and kept it in the closet for a year.

Now it's summer, I have time again. I decided yesterday to take it again, and I took a similar dose than the doses i eyeballed in the past and it was great. I had a good trip, thank god, but it all ended so quick and hallucinations weren't as powerful as before.
I'm thinking about taking it again today, with a really big dose like never before, to see if this drug is still of any use :?.

The powder is still plain-white, it tastes the same, but I have a suspicion that the potency has degraded.

Do you think I can take it again today, or will tolerance be a problem even though I didn't trip that much yesterday.

I'm eager to know what you guys think about this :)

You could try again today, but given that you have had bad experiences in the past, and that you are seeking a more full-on experience than you had yesterday, you should wait. Give it a week for your tolerance to subside. Tripping frequently increases the chance of unpleasant trips, and decreases the chance of productive, pleasant, useful, enjoyable trips.

The other thing you should do is get a scale, that way you know exactly what you're dosing and it will be easier to set yourself up with the dosage you're aiming for. You can get a scale that will be good for measuring out 4-ho-met for around $20 I think. Go order a scale and by the time it arrives you're tolerance will be ready to try again. Owning a scale is probably the most important thing you can do to be safe with psychedelics.

You could try again today, but given that you have had bad experiences in the past, and that you are seeking a more full-on experience than you had yesterday, you should wait. Give it a week for your tolerance to subside. Tripping frequently increases the chance of unpleasant trips, and decreases the chance of productive, pleasant, useful, enjoyable trips.

Frequent tripping decreases the chance of a good trip? Well i'll definitely take that into consideration. It's crucial to me that I don't get that wierd trip I had last year. Anyway, there's a festival I'm going to next week. I'll probably wait till then.

The other thing you should do is get a scale, that way you know exactly what you're dosing and it will be easier to set yourself up with the dosage you're aiming for. You can get a scale that will be good for measuring out 4-ho-met for around $20 I think. Go order a scale and by the time it arrives you're tolerance will be ready to try again. Owning a scale is probably the most important thing you can do to be safe with psychedelics.

Yeah a scale would definitely give me some idea what to expect by measuring the dosages but the issue i'm having is that I don't even know how potent the thing is compared to the doses that (for example) erowid provides. I could perhaps dose myself a 20mg, which is like a standard medium dose for this substance, and a year ago, it would've probably given me a full-on trip, but what i've seen yesterday, i don't even think i'd sense anything at that dose, this is why I'm speculating that it's degraded, so I ask if anyone has any experience about what to do when you have a product like that.

It's very likely to have degraded, based on how you describe it has been stored, so you can probably safely assume it's less potent than what people are typically reporting on the web. Plus, every drug effects each person differently anyways, so you have to calibrate your doses for yourself, with this (probably degraded) batch.

The other really important thing to do is keep a log with your doses and trips, because it's pretty easy to loose track and forget these things.