• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Dose of Suboxone to block Hydromorpone??

jnhjnh517

Greenlighter
I went on suboxone for cravings for oxycodone, I wasn't dependent. It helped for a bit, I stayed on lower doses because I didn't like the constipation and then the gastris followed. Skip 2 years later (now) I'm having troubles with hydromorphone. I am now back on the Zantac and my gastris is getting better, (peppermint and chamile tea; lots) so what I would like to know is what dose of Suboxone will fully block Hydromorphone? Since my stomach can probably handle it a bit better. Any details I forget I'll edit in later. Please help. I have to wait till next week to go back to my clinic. Thank you very much. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I have a hard time going to programs. Social Anxiety. Besides Segue for my Suboxone.

Are you currently high? Cause Suboxone won't just block it, it'll make you sick.

I'd start with 2mg Naloxone when you're further into your withdrawal and see how your body tolerates it.

I think he is wondering what is the lowest dose of subs he can take so he can still feel oxys.

I feel if you even are on 1mg it will block. Try it and see. I know people that take 2-3mg from time to time but they stay off to use heroin.

Better off getting on methadone if you want to use on top.

Are you currently high? Cause Suboxone won't just block it, it'll make you sick.

I'd start with 2mg Naloxone when you're further into your withdrawal and see how your body tolerates it.
I know what Precipitated Withdrawal is, what I was looking to find out is what dose will prevent hydromorphone from working assuming I am going to be taking my suboxone everyday, and also what dose of suboxone will prevent cravings?

I think he is wondering what is the lowest dose of subs he can take so he can still feel oxys.

I feel if you even are on 1mg it will block. Try it and see. I know people that take 2-3mg from time to time but they stay off to use heroin.

Better off getting on methadone if you want to use on top.
I'm looking to find a dose that will prevent me from using entirely. (No cravings and for using to be an entire waste). But I can't go to to high of a dose of suboxone considering my stomach. Both gastritis and constipation.

Yes, I was high when I posted, I'm sorry if I didn't word it properly. Lol

Thanks guys. Please let me know.

I know what Precipitated Withdrawal is, what I was looking to find out is what dose will prevent hydromorphone from working assuming I am going to be taking my suboxone everyday, and also what dose of suboxone will prevent cravings?
The dose to block the Hydro depends on how much Hydro you're using. But in most cases it should only take 2mg of Naloxone to make you really start to feel like shit.

For me, personally, no amount of Buprenorphine completely prevents cravings. I take 32mg Buprenorphine/day. I usually take two 8mg films twice a day.

I'm looking to find a dose that will prevent me from using entirely. (No cravings and for using to be an entire waste). But I can't go to to high of a dose of suboxone considering my stomach. Both gastritis and constipation.

Yes, I was high when I posted, I'm sorry if I didn't word it properly. Lol

Thanks guys. Please let me know.
If you want off of it completely, get the Vivitrol shot.

The dose to block the Hydro depends on how much Hydro you're using. But in most cases it should only take 2mg of Naloxone to make you really start to feel like shit.

For me, personally, no amount of Buprenorphine completely prevents cravings. I take 32mg Buprenorphine/day. I usually take two 8mg films twice a day.

I usually start with 12mg intranasally then up to 24mg for the day (The contin ones, I crush the beads). I have been doing good this week, I went up to 4mg Suboxone starting yesterday. I missed my appointment Tuesday but I had extras from the days I use. I don't know if 4mg will block the effects because I haven't used since Monday and just start 4mg yesterday. Cravings are still strong that's for sure!!!!

And for the Naltrexone, one would have to be completely detoxed from any and all opioids. I tried coming off the Suboxone countless times. But I have considered the Naltrexone. I was down to 0.5mg Suboxone back in May this year then the Hydros came into my life. It'd be a bad time to come off now. I'll try the 4mg for about a week then come back down to 3mg.

Thanks for all the help, Bluelighters. I wish you all the best as well. But if anyone could have a definite answer that'd be awesome. I read in a book that it takes 8mg to block Heroin. And Hydromorphone is pretty well equal. I don't know.....

the only thing i've ever been able to break through subs was fent. 4 mg sub was no match. if you've been taking 4 mg a day for a while it should block most things but if it's one day i don't know that it would block for very long. i was doing about 24 mg a day of hydro and snorting fent like a banshee and i ended up reaching 10 mg of sub when i switched over to maintenance. that dose held me pretty good for a while and then i tapered down to 4 in the first year. cravings were still there for a while they naturally faded i don't think subs had anything to do with them going away. if your ready the subs will work if your not they won't stop you from doing what you will do.

I took methadone so i could still feel my dillies but don't know about subs
But 12mg iv gets through 100mg methadone.