• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Dosage question

OoReFLuXoO

Greenlighter
So, as with all street drugs. There is no thing as "Pure". And with all homework I've done. "Molly", "Moon Rocks" esc esc... is about 80-85% desired active substance.... So in theory, 100mg scaled weight would be 80mg.... So to actually consume 100mg would actually mean to consume 125mg.

That given 80% so to speak..

What are other opinions on that theory.

So, as with all street drugs. There is no thing as "Pure". And with all homework I've done. "Molly", "Moon Rocks" esc esc... is about 80-85% desired active substance.... So in theory, 100mg scaled weight would be 80mg.... So to actually consume 100mg would actually mean to consume 125mg.

That given 80% so to speak..

What are other opinions on that theory.

It's completely wrong.

The 84% meme is confusion regarding the molecular weight of MDMA and HCl.

Pure MDMA (called the free base) is an oil. It is insoluble in water - making it hard to absorb through the GI tract. Like many medicines, it is formulated as the hydrochloride salt (HCl) which allows it to be soluble in water and absorbed easily by the stomach and intestines.

Pure MDMA-HCl can be found (really something like 95-99% MDMA-HCL 1-5% reaction byproducts that were left behind after filtering)

For every 100 mg of pure MDMA-HCl 84.7 mg is MDMA and 15.3 mg is HCl

All dosage recommendations are based on the MDMA-HCl weight.

What is important is that other salts can be used that have a much larger molecular mass than HCl -- and that is where you get effective differences -- but outside of a few places in Europe and Asia HCl is the salt used.

That said, if you look at pillreports, the mg dose is the amount of ACTUAL MDMA-HCl in the pill based on GCMS/HPLC (really precise testing of the component molecules)

as far as moon rocks -- most isn't MDMA -- but those that are can have a high degree of purity, very clear crystals/rocks have low impurities (else the crystal doesn't form well)

It's completely wrong.

The 84% meme is confusion regarding the molecular weight of MDMA and HCl.

Pure MDMA (called the free base) is an oil. It is insoluble in water - making it hard to absorb through the GI tract. Like many medicines, it is formulated as the hydrochloride salt (HCl) which allows it to be soluble in water and absorbed easily by the stomach and intestines.

Pure MDMA-HCl can be found (really something like 95-99% MDMA-HCL 1-5% reaction byproducts that were left behind after filtering)

For every 100 mg of pure MDMA-HCl 84.7 mg is MDMA and 15.3 mg is HCl

All dosage recommendations are based on the MDMA-HCl weight.

What is important is that other salts can be used that have a much larger molecular mass than HCl -- and that is where you get effective differences -- but outside of a few places in Europe and Asia HCl is the salt used.

That said, if you look at pillreports, the mg dose is the amount of ACTUAL MDMA-HCl in the pill based on GCMS/HPLC (really precise testing of the component molecules)

as far as moon rocks -- most isn't MDMA -- but those that are can have a high degree of purity, very clear crystals/rocks have low impurities (else the crystal doesn't form well)

That hit the nail on the head! Exactly what info i was looking for. Tyvm! I tried to make out the missing info found on simple searches and forums which I factually put together. Thanks for the insight!

On that note. If someone gets ahold of Molly in a crystal/solid. What adulterants can be added in the forming of the crystal? Is it just byproduct of the compound to help form the crystals. Given, its crushed and tested by reagents and tests positive for MDA or MDMA. Whats a fair assumption of it active strength/purity?

Looks like I have more research to do. I find the process intresting I guess.

Last edited: