• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Dosage for weed milk

Shaal

Bluelighter
Hi guys,

My friend used to make weed milk from leaves. Boiling a few times in water, then one last time in milk, straining, adding a little bit of rhum. The milk was very potent.

I want to do the same, but I only have access to buds. It's very good quality weed, like the kind you can buy in Amsterdam from the coffeeshops.

I'm guessing the boiling in water serves as the decarboxylation step.

Has any of you made milk or any other edible from buds, if yes, how many grams for one dose?

I'm wondering also if I should strain the buds. Better to eat everything, but drinking milk with powder in it is not the most pleasant to do. :)

Last edited:
Well if your not an everyday stoner 1-2 grams should be ok. Stoner dose= 5 grams. You still should decarb and I personally would skip the boiling in water.

MAGIC MILK
INGREDIENTS
1 cup Light Cream
1 - 3 gram Cannabis

INSTRUCTIONS
In a saucepan over medium-low heat, bring the light cream to almost a boil. Turn off the heat, and add cannabis. Mix in well with a wooden spoon. Cover, and let cool for 1-2 hours. Strain the milk with some cheesecloth, and add to your morning coffee or tea.

NOTES
The amount of cannabis you use, like in any recipe, is up to you. The more the merrier of course!

Have fun

I find for edible cannabis that about 40% more weight of what it normally takes you to get you suitably high of smoked cannabis is the perfect amount for edibles. So for me 0.3g of coffeeshop grade is a good amount to get really baked. I'll get a similar peak out of 0.5 grams eaten, it just takes a few hours to get there! Anything more than a gram eaten will just put me to sleep, which means I miss out an actually enjoying most of the high...

I don't see the point in boiling the weed first... Decarboxylate the weed in the oven for 10-15 mins at 110 degrees C (ideal temperature for this is 106 C I believe), you can tell it's perfect when there's a strong smell of weed coming out of the oven and the weed has turned a bit brown, it should also turn to dust when crushed! Once it that's done make sure to grind/chop it as fine as possible, this will increase the surface area and allow all that THC to mix into the fat.

Put a pan on the hob with 50-50 water:full fat milk and add in the weed. If you have some cream you can add a spoon or two of that as well for extra fat and increase solubility. A chunk of butter works fine as well (sounds gross, tastes good) ;). Mixing milk with water will prevent the milk from boiling over and producing a solid film. Simmer on low heat for about 30-45 minutes. Sieve out the weed while pouring it in a cup, you can leave the bits in if you like, but I find them to taste quite gross. Instead I keep the bits aside and boil a make second batch with them again I wait for my first drink to kick in! The second batch will be considerably weaker than the first one, but I do find some THC still stays in there. If you consume it the next day it'll produce a mild calming sensation after about an hour or so.

I think cannabis milk has several advantages over other edibles, it's easier and faster to make. There's less chance of you fucking it up as there are never temperatures involved that might accidentally vape off THC, and it's fluid so the absorption process is faster and you can feel it coming up after 20-30mins vs the 45-60mins with solids.

Just as a sidenote, weed mixed in with butterscotch Angel Delight is pleasurable. I found this out yesterday when I made it. I decarbed the weed in the oven, then electric whisked it all into 300ml of milk with the packet of Angel Delight. Not the actual packet, just the contents of the packet. Then the packet went in the bin. Anyway, long story short, took the Angel Delight out of the fridge about five minutes later, ate it, found the two flavours to compliment each other nicely, delicious, and then I had a very chilled and happy afternoon.

Peace.

I always used to just drop a few nugs in some cream, microwave it lightly so you don't fuck it up (I forgot the proper term), like five seconds, stop, five seconds, over and over until you get it right. I forgot how I used to do it exactly, but I'd then put it in coffee and it would get you pretty baked. Great for stealthy baking in calculus class. Until my friend said my coffee smelled dank haha.

St3ve, my friend never decarboxylated, and the milk was very potent... Just the bottom of a small plastic glass (expresso cup) would get me very stoned and still feeling some effects (but more like tired and hungover) the next day!

This is why I thought that maybe the boiling steps in water acted as a decarboxylation step.

Also he was using a lot of leaves. So I guess the water boiling step was also a way to get rid of all the water-soluble stuff that you don't want.

And thanks for your detailed recipe!