• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dosage for DXM trip (desiring a significant experience)

Chris1430

Greenlighter
Hello guys, I've been recently very curious to try out a DXM trip and experience the full effects. I really want to experience a strong 3rd plateau trip. Yesterday, I took a 300mg dose just to give the DXM a try, and did not experience much. I mostly got a head buzz and slight loss of coordination ( I kind of felt slightly drunk and high), I didn't really get any closed eye hallucinations or anything. I want to try another trip today to get the full dissociative experience that I desire. I was thinking about a 900mg dosage, which would put me at 13.2 mg/kg... which equates to a strong third plateau dosage according to some charts online. I will be at home alone, what do you guys think? I know that using two days in a row is not recommended, but I just want to get a good thorough trip from the drug and then after this I will be taking a very long break.... DXM is not really something I plan to continue using very much, I just want to at least get the full experience.

Last edited:
Maybe 750ish mg would be a better dosage
After doing much research of my own on this topic, (I actually had a forum that was almost exactly like this yesterday) for someone who had only one minor DXM experience jumping to 750mg (4th plateau for some; heavy, strong, third plateau for all) could be very overwhelming. How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

After doing much research of my own on this topic, (I actually had a forum that was almost exactly like this yesterday) for someone who had only one minor DXM experience jumping to 750mg (4th plateau for some; heavy, strong, third plateau for all) could be very overwhelming. How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

I'm 5'7 150, I seem to have a high tolerance for most drugs however, and the 300mg dose didn't really affect me much.

Still it is smarter not to go over double that previous dose and even that is a significant jump, there is always a next time... because you may not only get that level of effects you want but also side-effects / unexpected effects.
Thrice that 300 mg dose is just pure impatience / hybris. And those are never actual arguments.

Also, be careful with set & setting. Make sure you are in the right situation when you get that dissociative trip you are looking for...

Do you have much experience in general?

I'm 5'7 150, I seem to have a high tolerance for most drugs however, and the 300mg dose didn't really affect me much.
Use this calculator to find your dose (http://dxm.darkridge.com/calc.html) I already calculated your dose based on your weight, and since you are not tolerant to this drug at all, I would suggest a dose of 450mg to 500mg. Make sure the only active ingredient in your DXM formulation is Dextromethorphan HBr. Do not take Dextromethorphan Polisterex, as it is extended release and large doses cause even more nausea than DXM HBr. Once you are used to this drug, if you wish to have a long powerful trip, I would suggest a medium dose of DXM HBr, (if you normally take 600mg HBr, I suggest taking 400mg HBr) with 400mg Polisterex, The extended release will take longer to kick in and is more gradual and will make your trip last 4+ hours longer. Also, DXM Polisterex provides a "different" kind of trip. I find it is calmer) Only use this method when you are used to DXM. Hope I could be of help! =D Happy tripping.

So I realized that I've just been too impatient and that 900mg my second time would be way too much. Since I did 300mg my first time, I'll use 500mg for the next trip. Depending on how that goes I'll use 700mg for a future date, and then maybe 900mg in the near future.

So I realized that I've just been too impatient and that 900mg my second time would be way too much. Since I did 300mg my first time, I'll use 500mg for the next trip. Depending on how that goes I'll use 700mg for a future date, and then maybe 900mg in the near future.
900mg in one dose of straight DXM HBr is passing straight out of third plateau and into heavy fourth plateau (especially for someone who has used this drug 4 to 5 times) and changes the trip completely. Expect out of body experiences, full blown OEV (Open eyed visuals) like alien encounters, dead family members, etc. If you do this, YOU NEED A SOBER TRIP SITTER and to be home in a perfectly happy environment. I would not recommend doing this, but when people tell me something is a bad idea, I usually do it anyway. Happy, safe tripping! =D Chris PM me and we can talk about DXM and doses that would be safe and effective.