• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dosage calculation help

Krylon36200

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm having issues figuring out what the right dosage of 12.5% ABV wine I should take as a sleep aid. I have seen several medical professionals, and have tried a long list of medications for insomnia, but it has been my experience that either none of the prescriptions have worked at all, or I have built a tolerance to them. I am a 185 lbs male, with an ultrarapid CYP450 metabolism, however I have very little experience with alcohol. The bottle of wine I have is 750ml and is 12.5% ABV. I've done some calculations and found that there is a total of 93.75ml of alcohol in the entire bottle, and 0.125ml of alcohol per milliliter of wine. I assume that I have very little tolerance, but I can't find any dosing charts or guides. If anyone could help me figure out the minimum I should drink to help me fall asleep I would greatly appreciate it :). I currently take 50mg of IR adderall around 7:30 AM, as well as a multivitamin and 500mg of magnesium oxide. The medications I am currently prescribed to help with my insomnia are 600 micrograms of clonidine, and 50mg of seroquel. I have a very high tolerance to both of them (I can take both of them at the same time and feel absolutely no drowsiness or other effects), and am also sick of the awful hangover of seroquel and the low blood pressure from the clonidine. Any help would be appreciated, as the doctor's bills have been piling up and everything I've tried so far has failed to help, or is ineffectual due to rapid tolerance increase.

You dose ethanol based on units of alcohol per, so a fifth of wine, 25 proof, that is gonna be basically 5oz = a single unit of ethanol (roughly) so you can find charts that go by that

For me, it would take about the whole bottle. Realistically, start with 10-15oz gradually, stress gradually, and uh, wine has sulfates, so it’s gonna have the potential for a hangover- I would recommend skipping your Seroquel a couple days, then trying 50-100mg- and to hell with Clonidone for sleep. if your gonna drink anyway they may as well give you Temazepam or Ambien for OCCASIONALLY treating insomnia, a sometimes chronic and admittedly hard thing to deal with and treat
But 5 oz= a unit, it hits harder and faster on an empty stomach, and it’s not the most practical way to sleep, although, it’s time tested?
Luck