• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Dormosedan Oral Paste

Yeah you are meant to watch for liver issues when starting tizanidine, and of course if someone had severe hepatic issues to begin with I imagine it would be less likely to be prescribed.

It IS however, a most effective myorelaxant. Probably the most effective I have ever had. Makes baclofen look completely irrelevant (although it has to be said, I am a nonresponder at least to oral baclofen, and I'll be buggered diagonally with a pointy stick with nails hammered into the end if I'm about to let anybody go poking around my spinal column to see if it works intrathecally. I was scripted it, but it quite simply, didn't work. At any dosage. Even pouring a handful of tablets (as in a heaped fist full) and swallowing the lot, produced no effects bar a bit of a swimmy-eyed nauseated feeling. This mind you was done as essentially the end point of titration, after it was pretty fucking obvious that I was not going to get far with the stuff at any even remotely script-likely dose of baclofen)

Useless to me. Some respond orally but not intrathecally to baclofen, and some do not respond to it at all orally but do when delivered into the spinal space, personally I'd far rather swallow tablets than have somebody go buggering about with my spinal cord. So, tizanidine it was, then. I take it after I had some failed knee surgery, left me with my calf muscle constantly trying to contract with a nasty impairment of the countermanding signals from what I can tell. Hurt like a right bastard, and still does given a chance, but the tizanidine absolutely nukes the issue. Stuff is like the uppercut of god himself when it comes to knocking out muscle spasms.

Very relaxing stuff too, I find it works in great synergy with the clonidine I also take (to squash a fair bit of the whole overloading business, psycholosensory and physical results of same, that comes with being an autie). Too much and the hypotension can become problematic, especially after rising too fast, or if using it by a route other than oral (I've used it before, plugged in solution, when I wanted a fast and guaranteed knockout, when benzos (nitrazepam, almost invariably) or/and chlormethiazole failed to obtain the desired end result) And in opioid WD, if I've a few hours to wait until script refill in the morning when my last one has run out, my pain meds are running on fumes and as a result my adrenal glands feel as though they are kicking my kidneys in the balls with steel toe capped boots on a gigantic foot, etc.) then I've done the same and just short-circuited a few hours, so to speak, and been careful as hell getting up, bent double, and rising slowly to allow my BP to equalize properly.

It feels, subjectively pleasant. A lot more 'in your face' and a lot more mental effect than has clonidine. Calming, relaxing, there can be some euphoria, physically it does make one nod out if snorted or plugged etc., although the dose should be kept small if not familiar with it, 2mg even is pretty damn strong insufflated without a tolerance to alpha2 agonists. 4mg will have you flat on your ass, if its put up there, or up the nose.

ATM, I take...what is it...either 20 or 24mg/d in divided doses, although sometimes I'll use less or more depending how things go and what I want it to do. I haven't personally had any liver issues I know of, although no monitoring was done. Been on it a fair while now, and I love the stuff. Does what its meant to, unlike the insipid, wet-behind-the-ears excuse for a myorelaxant that is baclofen, and isn't particularly shy about making itself known, if that makes sense. Stuff can hit like a truck, but you do have to be careful of the hypotension, and if taking it regularly, daily, especially in high doses, not to drop off it suddenly because it can cause rebound hypertension and tachycardia, as well as extreme anxiety.

Nonaddictive, but can form a physical tolerance as the body adjusts, I had a psychobitch borderline PD former housemate (kicked her arse to the curb, after she tried to gut me with a katana, almost ended up putting a bullet between her eyes, bloody crazy whore from hell that she was. But enough about 4 years give or take of absolute misery with a bipolar borderline rapid-cycling hellbitch, beside the point, other than that she hid my meds from me to try and get a hold to manipulate me.)

Withdrawing physically from tizanidine is awful, sympathetic overactivation through the bloody buggering roof. Not pleasant. But psychologically nonaddictive, I'd say, treated with common sense, and in the absence of an ambient turd that wouldn't flush from a toilet in hades supplied by the river Styx for a housemate, then its good stuff.

The main side effect, other than hypotensive effects, is nasal congestion, which at high doses can be really severe and block you right up. But it is possible to use xylometazoline or oxymetazoline nasal drops or spray to strike a balance, and even used regularly, avoiding rhinitis medicamentosa, by the two competing effects leveling each other out. I get the otrivine spray on prescription actually precisely for that purpose, and I've used the two, plus of course clonidine for years, without problems of any nasal kind.

I might have to..make a financial donation to certain veterinarian organizations, and..ask them...what detomidine is like. Likewise, xylazine. I've heard of xylazine being used recreationally in some latin american countries, IIRC might have been brazil and it too is a heavy-duty veterinarian's drug of the alpha2 agonist type.