• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dope detox help

Chefjustone

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I'm new here and getting kinda desperate. I've been doing iv heroin for around 20 years on/off the last two years mostly off, using sublingual suboxone strips, usually 4mg/day will hold me. Started shooting dope again about a month ago after about three months away. Should mention I live in Philly and quality of dope on streets is variable at best. Yesterday managed to get almost 24 hours into wd (literally like 23 hours and 20 minutes), with symptoms around 15 on cows scale. Dosed myself 4mgs and within a half hour was in precipitated, but not as bad as some descriptions I've read. Still though, couldn't just sit and take it so I ran down the block and copped a few bags of this strange dope I've been getting there. I say strange cause it's pure white and when I've only been doing that brand then switch to another I still get some wd symptoms, mostly stomach upset. The very strange thing is, I've experienced precipitated wd before and more dope didn't help more than fifteen minutes, yesterday ran two bags and felt mildly better, then after about twenty minutes I smoked some weed and almost immediately felt like none of it had ever happened and actually fell asleep for like 4 hours. The rest of the day kept running small amounts of that dope whenever my stomach started flipping, and slept pretty well last night. Last dose around one am. Woke up around 5, shot a single bag around 8. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to avoid precipitating if I try again, also why did this kind of dope seem to override the sub or did it have to do with the weed since that's when I started feeling better? Please help, I'm truly tired of doing dope and want to get down to nothing but ganja, just can't seem to get past a certain point. Any replies will be greatly appreciated. Thanx!

Try a detox center I say a detox center because they will help you and you won't have a chance to get any dope while an inside a in patient detox center

Not just about detoxing
rehab could do you some good as well
No sense of detoxing then going right back to the same old shit

Shoulda mentioned that

Rehab/detox not an option, I've been too many times and they will only take me if I agree to methadone maintenance which I'm never doing again. Don't get me wrong I'm far from a newbie, I just wanna know why the sub isn't working, seems like no matter how long I wait I always experience at least one day where no matter how much sub I take, or how little I'm still sick and because I work a very physically strenuous job, I'd like to avoid that as much as possible. Also I recently watched a documentary about some dealers cutting their dope with a horse tranquilizer and I'm afraid that's what that weird stuff I mentioned was so I'm curious about the effect of that with the sub or on detox in general. Thank you for taking the time to reply though, I appreciate it.

Try a detox center I say a detox center because they will help you and you won't have a chance to get any dope while an inside a in patient detox center

Not just about detoxing
rehab could do you some good as well
No sense of detoxing then going right back to the same old shit

You may need to wait longer than 24hrs to start the bupe. If the H you are getting is cut with something stronger/longer lasting (esp. Fentanyl) may take longer for everything to leave your system entirely (even if it feels like it, can still be experiencing bad withdrawal and still not be completely clear). Doses of 4mg or less of subs and you can still sometimes use a full opiod (H). Be sure you are waiting as long as possible to start and once started leave enough time to feel the effects of the bupe to be sure it's not just anxiety/continuing traditional withdrawal causing the symptoms instead of possible precipitated withdrawal. May just be the subs finally caught up with you and had little to do with the heroin or cannabis. Once you start the bupe stick with it and do not use any full opiod at all. Increase dose as needed (may need much more than 4mg initially, especially if on high dose H) to manage withdrawal/cravings then after initial WD taper off entirely or to maintenance dose.