• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dopamine Supplements?

Bloodborne1

Bluelighter
I know I can’t speak for everyone. Be that as it may, drug abuse for years certainly can lead to depression and altering your levels of dopamine. So my question is: what do you guys think about dopamine supplements? Are they pointless/ineffective? Or do you think they actually can work? If so, what product would you recommend?

I look forward to hearing what people have to say. Respond with as much information and experience as you see fit.

The body uses Tyrosine as the precursor chemical to synthesize dopamine so take a Tyrosine supplement.

I have this medication for restless legs syndrome called Sifrol and I honestly don't know what to make of it. There're different dopamine receptors or something and this doesn't do all of them. Apparently one side effect can be things like hypersexual behaviour, gambling, binge eating, etc. I had to use the hitachi magic wand when I first started them but don't get anything major like that now. I am only on a low dose and could increase it but only have a couple left. I don't really understand it all so sorry I can't be of more help. I might try the L-Tyrosine when these run out.

Found this on mucuna pruriens (L-Dopa) and L-Tyrosine ---

In the body, L-dopa and tyrosine compete for absorption in the small intestine, which can interfere with the drug’s effectiveness (38).

Thus, doses of these two drugs should be separated by several hours to avoid this.

Tyrosine is particularly important in the production of epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopamine.

Last edited:
I’ve been using L-Tyro, Mucuna, and DLPA. Not sure if they work. I’m pretty sure DLPA works. I just started acupuncture. It releases endorphins and dopamine. $20 per session. I’ll keep you updated on it. I’m really open to anything that fixes dopamine. No one ever talks about the fixing the brain. 12 steps and meetings are great but what about the physical damage we’ve done to ourselves? But numero uno will always be exercise.