• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Don't mix it with tobacco

my3rdeye

Bluelighter
When I grew up everyone smoked hash/tobacco joints. I never thought I would get addicted to the pinch I put in each spliff. I had been doing it for years. When I ran out of weed I felt like shit from the tobacco withdrawl and I chalked it up to using cannabis as an anti depressant and just depression kicking in when I ran out. Well I quit the tobacco and now my pot use is very occasional and not smoking has no effect on my mental state at all. Yeah I liked the taste of tobacco laced joints but was smoking 20 of them a day which is really just like being a smoker.
I never thought I would be a vaper, but I can do it at my desk instead of sneaking outside and risking getting fired. And I have stopping pissing off my neighbors and the bar staff at the pub i hang out at and my gf's roommates, and the people I wait for the train with. Now that think about it there have been a ton of problems from the never ending stinky weed clouds. If I lived in one of those places the police actually cared I would so be in the system now for sure.
I am never going back to that, addiction sucks. It's like mixing weed with heroin, you can do it for a while but eventually it will probably catch up to you.

Totally agree, used to be a pack a day smoker and when I made the switch to cannabis I would pinch a bit in the bottom of my joints simply to know when it was finished and I found myself getting the same urges for tobacco I used to. Quit doing that about 3 years ago and haven't felt the need since with the exception of about 4 months after.

I can see how 20 a day would more/less be the same as just smoking. Did you do an even mix of tobacco/cannabis?

It wasn't half and half more like 1/3 tobacco, depending on if i was almost running out then the ratio went up.
Now a month tobacco free never going back, i found a stash of tobacco laced roaches i forgot about, threw them all out, first time in my life i ever threw out weed. I almost never smoke joints now, once in a while a bowl but its almost all vaping concentrates.
I bet the people who smoke all blunts are addicted to the nicotine too, its sneaky you just think you smoke lots of weed and feel like shit when you run out because you are a huge pot head.

I bet the people who smoke all blunts are addicted to the nicotine too, its sneaky you just think you smoke lots of weed and feel like shit when you run out because you are a huge pot head.

They are, haha. I remember I used to smoke 5-7 blunts a day and I ran out of bud and was freaking out and my friend offered me a cigarette and I chilled out. So for that reason I smoke papers now. :D

I'm not sure where you're from 3rdeye but in Australia it is so common to smoke weed mixed with baccy. Me and all my friends did it. Most places i went to did it, besides Adelaide in SA, they had the right idea back then doing it straight.

I agree vapes rock, the smell is hardly noticeable and the stone is really pleasant and not so habit forming as with bongs mixed with tobacco.

One of the best things I did was quit tobacco and the bong and take up using vapes and straight bud. I'm much healthier and happier now and feel like I have left a major addiction behind. Tobacco is very addictive and deadly. yuck, i'm so glad I am free from it.

I am 3 to 4 years free now from bongs and tobacco. I dont smoke anything.

Happy days. More and more people are getting into vaping weed I think, it's great.

As for mixing your weed with baccy, when you're young and broke like myself and the people around me, we often have to try and retain as much weed as possible to avoid wasting money, as well as baccy providing a much smoother and enjoyable smoking experience.

I'm not sure where you're from 3rdeye but in Australia it is so common to smoke weed mixed with baccy. t.

Canada. Its weird that Australia/UK/Netherlands are okay with mixing, if you do it in Western North American they look at you like you laced the joint with poop. It all started for me in the 80s in eastern Canada before indoor growing took off everyone here smoked imported hash. Besides the tobacco/hash joints we also did this thing i never saw anywhere else on earth the bottle toke which was a little piece of hash on the end of a cigarette in a bottle with a hole. Economical and no stove needed like hot knifes but possibly the worst thing you can do to your lungs using the burning end of a cigarette http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bottle toke You can see them do this on Canadian show Trailer Park Boys, it's trashy as hell.

Anyway I glad I am done with the tobacco, i smoke a bowl now and then but i am 95 percent vaping extracts now. I never really liked volcano type bags of weed vapor but these oil pens rock. With all the tobacco vapers around no one even blinks, it doesn't even smell. Last time I lit a joint at a concert all the lamers complained but i brought the vape pen to a show the other night and no noticed

haha, yeah true.

I watch trailer park boys a fair bit. They seem to be flogging a dead horse now tho, some of the pod casts are getting pretty boring tbh. But the series as a whole was great.

Yeah growing up here in Aus everyone smoked bongs or joints mixed with tobacco and when I first went over to Adelaide and no one there I met was doing it they looked at me like an alien for mixing weed with tobacco. They couldnt understand why I'd wont to do that when I had so much good weed. I didnt even realise I was forming a massive addiction to the tobacco I was using in the mix. Trying to stop doing it was a bit of a nightmare, it took me many attempts to finally get rid of the bong and tobacco for good.

I guess finding vaping really helped me escape my tobacco and bong addiction. Using my vape now (just buds, I never come across any concentrates here yet) I dont feel the need to re-dose so much, I guess because I am not craving the nicotine anymore.

If concentrates ever become very popular and common here I will get a pen vape but at present I would have nothing to use in one.