• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Don't like weed?

TPfisher83

Greenlighter
So I realize this is going to sound like a really stupid question to most, if not all, of you but I'm asking anyway. Since I started using drugs at the age of 11, other than myself, I have met exactly 0 users who said they did not like marijuana. Weed sent me into full blown panic attacks. I'm talking eating xannies like candy to come down kind of panic attacks.

So my question is this: Does anyone else not enjoy smoking herb? Anyone else experienced extreme paranoia/anxiety from it?

If you take xanax daily then you may be experiencing interdose withdrawal which includes anxiety. Cannabis specifically certain strains can exacerbate anxiety in certain individuals. Weed isnt for everyone. Try smoking the smallest amount possible next time in a comfortable environment and take it very slow. Also, try maybe seeking out an indica strain that is known for its anti anxiety effects. Good luck.

many people do not enjoy smoking herb for this reason and a few others. it's extremely common.

eating xanax like candies as in high doses? cos that'll definitely cause you some bad anxiety.

I always tell people every single drug affects every single person differently. Some people, like me, it helps with my anxiety (most strains at least) calms me down and chills me completly out. Some people smoke weed and heavy very intense hallucinations and get zonked out. Some people, such as yourself and a few of my close friends, get very bad anxiety and freak out. If you want to smoke again i would reccomend a indica dominat and smoking somewhere 100% safe to help avoid anxiety producing situations such as IN CARS. Relax put on your favorite music, gather some of your favorite snacks and one last piece of advice if your a novice toker, some medical weed is extremly potent so take it slow, i would reccomend something simple like a regular pipe taking one hit at a time and sitting back gauging how you feel. Or rolling a cigg with .2 or .3 of high grade mixed in. Remembet to tell yourself you cant hurt yourself and most importantly HAVE FUN. Take is easy brother, stay up.
-nayRoxy

Now I don't do any drugs, but I enjoyed marijuana as a kid, of late I can't stand it, it just makes me anxious, paranoid, and ruminate over troubles in my life. It does help with chronic back pain, and still, of course, enhance music and make television/movies more engrossing, but that mostly at the plateau, at the expensive of being practically catatonic with anxiety at the beginning. Never, even when smoking it, liked combining it with stimulants or psychedelics (too paranoid) nor opiates (blunts the pure euphoria.) This is my experience with modern, genetically engineered super-weed that is so common these days. That horrible stuff is a reliable panic attack for me. I suspect if I had the good outdoor green weed of my youth my experience might be different, but maybe that is just nostalgia.

Last edited:
No, I don't do xannies or herb anymore. I got off the xanax with a very slow tapering process done under the close monitoring care of my psychiatrist. Part of the reason it took so long is because I was taking 3 bars/day and that's actually exactly how my doctor prescribed them. Super glad not to be in the grips of this, or any other, benzos anymore.

But I haven't touched weed in at least a decade and have no plans of doing so. The reason I put this thread in marijuana sub-forum was because I figured I'd get credible responses from folks who are chatting in a place strictly for weed discussion. Thank you to those who have replied. I firmly believe, as nayRoxy said, that all chemicals affect all users in different ways. For me, weed didn't start off as anxiety/panic producing. The first year or 2 that I smoked I loved it. Very soothing, calming, and relaxing. But right around the time I was able to get my driver's license, herb did a complete 180 on me and I decided to explore others drugs, until I landed on opioids/opiates. Those are better suited to the Other drugs section.

Anyway, I appreciate all the input and as Roxy said, "stay up " peeps

Last edited: