• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Don't know please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdolecek70

Greenlighter
I have been on pain management for 3 years for neurapathy and I'm on 90 oxy a day but they are gone within 2 weeks yes I'm addicted but I've been telling my doctor every month that the pain medication isn't working I told them that every month for the last year and all they ever say is well that happens sometimes my tolerance is building building so here I am 9 Days Inn and I'm out..... I just can't bear going through withdrawals again so I just don't know what to do sure I can tell my pain management doctor but I fear that they will discharge me it did to me and not help me especially since the opiate laws have changed so much for pain management what to do....I don't know.... I'm afraid of telling pain management because I'm scared to death that they would just leave me in pain and discharge me and I don't want them to sleep on me as a drug addict it just sucks because I told them of that the love that the oxy is not working and they've done nothing to help me so now I've got it two and a half weeks ago and tell my refill and I have nothing left and I just don't know what to do please help

Hi there, I really do sympathise. It does sound like you're struggling with addiction, and of course using up your meds so quickly means you're tolerant to their pain-reducing effect.

You really need to do your best to discuss this reality with your doctor, I'm afraid there's nothing much we can do.

You have some options for holding your withdrawals at bay while you wait for your next script. Kratom is probably the best choice... cheap and easily available online and has an opiate effect. Poppy seed tea.... your location and the quality of the seeds depends on how well this works but they all do contain some morphine, the effects last a long time (24+ hours) you can look online for instructions on making the tea. Imodium, it is an opioid that crosses the blood brain barrier only in small quantities so it wont get you high unless you take a massive dose... it is still effective at relieving withdrawal. You can buy them at any pharmacy. I usually take 12mg for withdrawal relief. High doses can be bad for your heart so don't go eating hundreds of milligrams. Once your month is up I hope you can convince the doctor of your struggles.

Even if your doctor agrees to raise your dosage, you will continue to run out early because you're taking way more than prescribed. Perhaps there is another medication he can give to augment your oxycodone. We can't advise you on how to have this discussion with your doctor so I have to close this, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.