• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Don't feel much from kratom?

Xatravunus23

Greenlighter
So I bought some Kratom pills from a local smoke shop and I tried them (8 the first time = 4 grams) of maeng da. I only felt the affects for about 30 minutes and it was very enjoyable. But after about 30 minutes it was completely gone.

Could it be the quality of the kratom itself?

The brand I bought the pills from was called Herbal Salvation and from what I read online, this isn't a bad brand.

I then drove to a different smoke shop and bought different branded kratom pills. I bought Bali this time. I took them at around 6:30PM and the effects kicked in within about 30-45 minutes and only last 45 minutes max.

Any thoughts?

I've never used kratom, but considering it's the weakest opioid there is you were probably just expecting more from it than it really is.

Kratom quality varies A LOT, from vendor to vendor, brand to brand, even batch to batch. 4 grams is a pretty low dose, so if you did feel something then it probably wasn't TOTAL crap. Although the duration should certainly be much longer than that.

Also, kratom is funny in that the first few times it may not do much, or even anything. This was the case for me and plenty of people I know as well.

People are going to tell you don't buy from head shops, but not all kratom from head shops/tobacco shops is garbage -- it's just typically way overpriced.

Give it a few more shots and it may work very well for you. Be sure to take it on an empty stomach, as food in your stomach can completely negate the high. Wait at the very least an hour before you dose.

Kratom quality varies A LOT, from vendor to vendor, brand to brand, even batch to batch. 4 grams is a pretty low dose, so if you did feel something then it probably wasn't TOTAL crap. Although the duration should certainly be much longer than that.

Also, kratom is funny in that the first few times it may not do much, or even anything. This was the case for me and plenty of people I know as well.

People are going to tell you don't buy from head shops, but not all kratom from head shops/tobacco shops is garbage -- it's just typically way overpriced.

Give it a few more shots and it may work very well for you. Be sure to take it on an empty stomach, as food in your stomach can completely negate the high. Wait at the very least an hour before you dose.

I'd agree with everything truenamdbrand says especially the part about Kratom not always working so well the first few times for a lot of people.

I had to take Kratom several times before I really noticed the high.