• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Done with Hydrocodone

417slush

Bluelighter
OK I have officially hit my breaking point with my Hydrocodone usage. I have been off and on for years. Currently I am taking 60mg, 30 in the morning and 30 at night. I was getting 10/325 pills so APAP intake was not so much a concern but now all I can get is 5/325 so to get my normal dose I have to take way more apap than I feel is safe on a constant basis. I have gotten some great tips on another thread about doing CWE but being unsure if it's working correctly is just too stressful and I'm just not willing to risk my health for it. Do you guys think there would be any benefit to taking 15mg of hydrocodone twice a day for a bit to get to a lower level of usage and taper down from there or would the withdrawal be just as bad since that is half what I am used too. I have tried kratom before and it didn't seem to help much. I have cold turkey it many times in the past but I was only taking 30mg once a day then. Any suggestions would be welcome. I do have access to xanax for sleep and don't particularly enjoy benzos so and have only taken them while withdrawal in the past.

If you can jump straight down to 15mg per dose that's great, definitely do that if it works for you. Whatever the case you definitely shouldn't keep taking 60mg of the 5/325 pills, 3900mg of apap is right on the "safe" daily limit. If you can't jump down to 30mg per day then maybe just cut 1 pill out of your dosages per day until you get down to a manageable level.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up taking 4 of them this morning so 20mg and 1300mg APAP. Didn't feel great but I don't feel too bad as far as WD goes. I know 1300mg is a bit over the 1000mg single dose but if I only dose that twice a day that will keep me at 2600 mg a day for APAP. I have a ton of the 5/325 so I may just try to stabilize on that for a week or so and then drop down from there. Found out I'll have access to more 10/325's on the 23rd so I'll switch back to them to lower the tylenol even more and continue the taper.

That's good, yeah you definitely shouldn't sustain high doses of apap so switching over to 10/325's for the initial part of the taper is a good idea.

Good luck to you

Just a note here. I had been on 10/325 4 times a day. (I know, completely different) I went to rebah (for binge drinking of all things, not even physiologically dependent), and I was allowed ibuprofen and water. I blew a zero as I checked in and got searched, had ZERO withdrawal symptoms the entire month. (Family pressure) I swear the generic norcos I get barely contain the active ingredient. Wherever you got yours, must've been nice. Sorry to sound selfish. But you may not have as bad a time as you're thinking.

PS Misery is a business model. Never forget.

I have gotten some great tips on another thread about doing CWE but being unsure if it's working correctly is just too stressful and I'm just not willing to risk my health for it.
Sounds familiar, trusting a coffee filter and a so to say liver friendly liquid. Just couldn't totally trust it, all what stays behind is filler/ APAP and some lost Codeine.

But you got of so congrat's on that. But any dose above 2.5/ 3 gram APAP is def worth the effort of a CWE though.

For what it’s worth cold water extraction is extremely simple, I think I got it right the very first time I tried and in my experience hydrocodone lasts longer than oxycodone so I prefer it

It's not been great tbh. I stopped for about a month and then I stupidly got some and picked up right where I left off. I have managed to keep it to a couple of weeks on then a couple of weeks off. I always fear the WD but the sad thing is that's really the easy Part. What always gets me is about 2 weeks out when everything is just blah and I tell myself I'll just get a few for a night to reward myself for how good I've done lol. What a joke.

It's not been great tbh. I stopped for about a month and then I stupidly got some and picked up right where I left off. I have managed to keep it to a couple of weeks on then a couple of weeks off. I always fear the WD but the sad thing is that's really the easy Part. What always gets me is about 2 weeks out when everything is just blah and I tell myself I'll just get a few for a night to reward myself for how good I've done lol. What a joke.
Yeah you definitely need to stay stopped for a lot longer than 2 weeks before you get over the 'blah' part and your head starts feeling right again without the xtra.
Definitely have been there.

I'm a very intelligent, knowledgeable guy and full of wisdom.

Dont feel bad. The EXACT same thing happened to me when I quit alcohol.

I did great, zero effects, no cravings etc.

And every once in awhile I think "eh, I grab some beers tonight"

That nice is great, amazing time. BUT it follows by beer again the next day.

Then the next day is morning beers and evening beers.

Then, bender time and I'm screwed all over again and it takes alot of anxiety/pain to stop again.

It's better for me to just stop, or have that one night, wake up and shower, force myself to be busy and nip it right there.

But even that shows a problem

Try to ask your doctor for not higher dose of an opioid medication (i'm on 60mg dhc and 150mg tramadol both ER 2 Times a day) but ask for something like a muscle relaxer, tizanidine or pregabalin, maybe benzodiazepine (alprazolam or clonazepam). It is myth that diazepam works longer than alprazolam, diazepam works for like 4 hours but alprazolam is acting for 6-12 (depends if u are smoker or not).