• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Done WD

Vindicator

Greenlighter
So...

I was kicked off the clinic for benzo use. Had been going there for nearly five years
at 70mgs a day. I was sick of it, hated it with a passion by that point so I
sabotaged that way. For mem there was no other way, cilnic is 7 minutes away
and its just too easy to get medicated... Anyway, I jumped off at 5-15mgs
not sure which, blind detox. That was last Tuesday, can still eat and stuff.
Have major chills and the hypertension and difficulty sleeping is the worst of it.

I want to get high, I admit, luckily I can't afford it lol. Have a reliable
connection and all it is so tempting............

My question is, how much longer? Have been taking Imodium, Tylenol,
diphenhydramine, chlorpromazine(to fall asleep). How much of the loperamide can I take?

Thank you...

It will be a good week at least if not 2 due to the long half life. Just hang in there and take it easy on the lope just use it as recommended maybe double dosed at most for the shirts. If you smoke weed I suggest taking 4-6 smoke sessions a day if you can not excessive just enough.

Also most important over the medications meditate for the spirit, exercise for the mind, and educate and take care of your body before the mind to strengthen your spirit. Eat well and keep your mind busy, your body synced, and both focused while active and you'll get back into the swing of enjoying the downtime rather than regretting up the hill of anticipation

Methadone wd the worst days are 4-7
Between day 11-13 the worst physical wd ends

Psychological wd and mild residual wd lasts to day 21

Then PAWS sets in a minimum of 30 days and usually a maximum of 9 months

Anxiety, depression,boredom etc
It lasts so long you think thats what life is like sober

It's not

One day whether it's 2mos minimum or a year max you'll be normal again

Using any drugs sets u back but Mary Jane can help you through

I'd recommend kratom which you'll have to shake as well but is much much easier

Good luck to you

THey kicked u off for a dirty benzo UA? I thought they usually just might phase down take homes but I never heard someone getting kicked off like that

THey kicked u off for a dirty benzo UA? I thought they usually just might phase down take homes but I never heard someone getting kicked off like that
he got kicked out due to benzo use, not one dirty UA.

I'm confused. How would they know he's on benzo's unless they find it from a UA?

Of course they found out throigh a UA, the other guy was pointing out that it wasn't a single dirty but probably multiple ones. That's how it usually works unless you're at the crazy strict clinics in the south, some of them will kick you off for 1-2 ever

I'm not so sure about some of you guys. lol

To OP - I offer no help since I've never withdrawn off of it, but I offer my deepest condolences. I know you're hurting. I assume they discontinued you via rapid taper and this wasn't a nice slow comfortable decrease

Let this be a lesson to others.... don't sabotage your standing at a methadone clinic. There's no reason to make yourself suffer like that. Slowly decrease if you want to stop. I know paying sucos if you pay, but stopping too fast sucks more

I kicked methadone cold turkey off about 50 mg once. It took 32 days to feel normal. The worst was extreme weakness. The really bad part was about the first 10-12 days with the worst restless legs. I didn't have much GI issues (vomiting or diarrhea). It was sort of less intense than dope wd , but much more stretched out

I also got off once after a long taper ( which I'm doing again now). Mostly it took 2 weeks or so to sleep decently. No major other symptoms. But that was a slooooow taper.

You sort of fall in between my experiences so I'd guess you should be good after 2-3 weeks, mostly normal.

I tapered from 115 mg down to 5 over a 6 month period with no ill effects at all. However, I had to drop from 5 mg to 0 suddenly, and this is where I ran into trouble. The actual physical withdrawal lasted for about ten days. The PAWS is what got me and eventually pretty much forced me to chose to get on subutex .

Ouch!! Man i feel for you, i kicked cold turkey at 70mg using heroin on top of it.
Gonna be a month of hell. first two weeks are unbearable, sick as a dog, all the classic dope wd symptoms are there not as bad, but almost as bad.
After 2 weeks you start feeling less sick, NOT better really, just less sick.
After a month you should be in the clear physically, then get ready for months and month and months of PAWS which in its own way is almost worse than acute wd.
Good luck man, i did it, you can too... But its gonna be a living hell!!!
Still loooove heroin though, and im clean, ugh

Thanks for the replies, it has been been since 2/28
(and since 3/1 for all opiates, did one last shot, most likely laced with fent)
17 days and it still, feels "funny"

=p

you are through the worst of it now, but I would avoid diphenhydramine. 1 week into my suboxone cold turkey i took some and it gave me unbearable RLS and anxiety so much that I had to relapse with sub and start my CT over again

you are through the worst of it now, but I would avoid diphenhydramine. 1 week into my suboxone cold turkey i took some and it gave me unbearable RLS and anxiety so much that I had to relapse with sub and start my CT over again

Really, damn...

I went through sub withdrawal about five years ago, I remember that being a bit more intense(considering,
I jumped off at 8mgs) oops :D

The annoying part of the meth wd is its fucking annoying lol. For instance, I'm tired, symptoms aren't so
I try to sleep and within a half hour rls and joint pain give just enough of pain in the ass to keep you conscious
The mind is something else