• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines DOM First-Time Dosage

What would you recommend as a first-time dosage for DOM?

• 2.5mg or less

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 3-4mg

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • ~5mg

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Greater than 5mg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

arrall

Administrator
Staff member
A friend of mine recently acquired several 5mg tablets of DOM and gave me one.
We are planning on trying them in the next few weeks, but I am unsure about how much I should take.
My friend plans to start with half a pill (2.5mg), while I was thinking of starting with slightly over half (~3mg) or maybe even a full 5mg.
Bluelighters, what dosage would you recommend starting with from your experience?

So my answer depends on a few factors. Do you have any experience with any of the other DOXs, like DOC? Are you generally hardheaded, or sensitive, to phenethylamines? Also, how many do you have? The safest bet would be to start with 2.5mg, as I have read accounts on here of people finding 2.5mg fairly strong. But if you don't have much, I'd be tempted to say start a bit higher. Personally, I find DOM to be underwhelming at 5mg, in fact I have even found it less strong than I wanted at 7.5mg. But I seem to be unusually hardheaded to this compound (but not to DOC or the other DOXs I've tried, oddly). If you have plenty to explore, you might want to start under 5mg just to be safe. You can always take more next time and DOM lasts quite a long while so if you take too much you'll have a long trip to ride out.

So my answer depends on a few factors. Do you have any experience with any of the other DOXs, like DOC? Are you generally hardheaded, or sensitive, to phenethylamines? Also, how many do you have? The safest bet would be to start with 2.5mg, as I have read accounts on here of people finding 2.5mg fairly strong. But if you don't have much, I'd be tempted to say start a bit higher. Personally, I find DOM to be underwhelming at 5mg, in fact I have even found it less strong than I wanted at 7.5mg. But I seem to be unusually hardheaded to this compound (but not to DOC or the other DOXs I've tried, oddly). If you have plenty to explore, you might want to start under 5mg just to be safe. You can always take more next time and DOM lasts quite a long while so if you take too much you'll have a long trip to ride out.
I have no DOx experience but plenty with 2C-B. I found 25mg of high purity 2CB powder quite easy to handle. I think I'm going to see how I handle 30mg of 2C-B and base how much I take on that.
I'll probably start with around 3mg unless I find 30mg of 2CB to be underwhelming.

I had a similar dilemma. Despite having experience with over a dozen phenethylamines and a fair bit with DOC, I had no idea where it start. If I had a bunch of DOM, then I wouldn't have hesitated to start at 2.5mg and go from there, but I only had one 5mg blotter. I ended up putting off taking it for a couple of years as a result.

Well, I eventually decided to take it at 2.5mg and it ended up being just right, absolutely perfect. Going forward, I would be interested in exploring 3.5mg or even 5mg if I felt like jumping in the deep end and putting up with some side effects, but 2.5 was wonderful that one time.