• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Dog is sick, should i not take mdma this weekend?

Cdilly93

Bluelighter
So ive been looking forward to taking mdma at this festival for quite some time, but today my dog seems to be sick and not moving/twitching, and not very responsive, took her to the vet and said just to wait it out and hopefully will get better, im terrified ot will get worse and she could end up passing worse case scenario (i love her very much) would it be a bad idea to roll tomorrow with this state of mind, even tho i dont want my fun to be ruined.

It can really go either way. Mdma tends to be forceful in its push to be happy and may well push you in the direction of acceptance and allow you to work through the pain and let go but I've had instances on MDMA where I broke down in tears and had a really big emotional outpouring. With that said, it was necessary and helped me to accept the situation and move on. I personally find MDMA to really shine when I'm dealing with issues but the crash can be pretty brutal and if your dog is that close to the edge, I don't know that I'd want to risk the come down happening at the wrong time.

If it was any other drug I'd say no but mdma is unique in that it can help you sort out your situation without twisting your head into a mess.

I would say save it. If you're concerned now you already know how you would act if you got bad news during or after MDMA. Either way the outcome afterwords is better. I wish the best for your dog and hope the lil pups ok!

From the sounds of things the little one definitely has an owner that cares. Don't let the anxiety keep you from the party though as it is always good to be around friends even more so when you can be around them sober.

Honestly I think I would be devastated if my dog died; meanwhile I was getting high and partying.

but that's me and I'm not trying to guilt trip you or nothing. Just giving you some insight.

If you feel you'd react similarly, maybe it's best to wait it out. Eigther use it after the passing as a form of therapy, or use it if your dog gets better to celebrate.

Way to be sensitive and suggest the worst chiptrippy..... Always hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst

I agree with the firstresponse. I was going to say essentially the same thing but he/she beat me to it and worded it much better more than likely. Sorry I can't add much but just posting my consensus with that poster adds a little something I suppose

Way to be sensitive and suggest the worst chiptrippy..... Always hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst

I'm not trying to be insensitive; but clearly this is somthing that cdill is worried about. They asked openly for an opinion; that was mine. IF the dog dies by chance while they are partying; that would be the worst feeling upon finding out.. sorry, life sucks sometimes.

She ended up being better than ever the next morning! Suprised the shit out of me honestly, so i ended up having a GREAT roll :)

Just don't. My best friend , well, used to be best friend, saw his friends cat get run over while he was candy flipping shrooms and XTC , a combo that would normally make him feel insanely happy, accepting and free turned on him and wrecked his mind for quite a while, and this dude was strong willed. So please spare yourself the risk of suffering more mental pain .

Last edited:
Just don't. My best friend , well, used to be best friend, saw his friends cat get run over while he was candy flipping shrooms and XTC , a combo that would normally make him feel insanely happy, accepting and free turned on him and wrecked his mind for quite a while, and this dude was strong willed. So please spare yourself the risk of suffering more mental pain .

Comparing a hippy flip to just an MDMA experience is obviously flawed...

I'm not trying to be insensitive; but clearly this is somthing that cdill is worried about. They asked openly for an opinion; that was mine. IF the dog dies by chance while they are partying; that would be the worst feeling upon finding out.. sorry, life sucks sometimes.
It's not your fault life sucks... Don't have to take responsibility for it as if it's a wrong doing and apologize.

Comparing a hippy flip to just an MDMA experience is obviously flawed...
Ok, so the mushroom aspect totally changes the fact that this person has a deep concern that could ruin their good time and possibly cause deep depression? Sorry I was trying to help almighty monitor who is better than me.

Ok, so the mushroom aspect totally changes the fact that this person has a deep concern that could ruin their good time and possibly cause deep depression? Sorry I was trying to help almighty monitor who is better than me.
He isn't saying he's better than you though? That doesn't make any sense. He just doesn't agree with you. And rightly so, there's a world of difference between a regular roll and a hippy flip. A hippy flip is much more likely to turn bad. On a roll I would be able to handle bad news like my dog dying, though I would feel guilty for not being there (so I wouldn't roll with a sick dog in the first place) and I would be slightly depressed afterwards from the comedown and the fact my dog has died. On a hippy flip I would freak the fuck out if I heard such news, that's a guaranteed (very) bad trip, which has a much bigger impact psychologically than a bad roll. And that impact would be felt for much longer afterwards

He isn't saying he's better than you though? That doesn't make any sense. He just doesn't agree with you. And rightly so, there's a world of difference between a regular roll and a hippy flip. A hippy flip is much more likely to turn bad. On a roll I would be able to handle bad news like my dog dying, though I would feel guilty for not being there (so I wouldn't roll with a sick dog in the first place) and I would be slightly depressed afterwards from the comedown and the fact my dog has died. On a hippy flip I would freak the fuck out if I heard such news, that's a guaranteed (very) bad trip, which has a much bigger impact psychologically than a bad roll. And that impact would be felt for much longer afterwards

The risk of a serious comedown depression can't be denied. This persons pre existing concern about their dog is more relevant of that than the drug of choice. I stand by my comment. And his response was pretentious . Shooting mine down without even the slightest explanation .

The risk of a serious comedown depression can't be denied
Agreed, but that same MDMA comedown depression is found in a hippy flip and there it's coupled with the trauma of a bad trip. Imo much worse than a plain MDMA comedown. A really bad trip can be seriously traumatic. I don't know if you ever experienced such a thing but I can guarantee you that it's absolute hell. It will make the MDMA comedown profoundly worse. So I don't agree with the following:
This persons pre existing concern about their dog is more relevant of that than the drug of choice

Anyways I just wanted to point out what I think makes a bad trip on a hippy flip much worse than a bad roll on plain MDMA. I've done that now so won't reply anymore, don't want to send this thread too far off topic

And his response was pretentious . Shooting mine down without even the slightest explanation

Right, well I apologize. The explanation is that comparing a hippyflip experience to MDMA experience is flawed. A hippyflip is far more dependent on the set/setting, whereas MDMA is not so. Your friends bad experience is not in any way relevant to the OP's original concerns.

The risk of a serious comedown depression can't be denied

The chance of no comedown at all also can't be denied. Not everyone has a comedown to MDMA and in fact most new users find an afterglow instead. Get the dose right and the comedown is usually an afterglow.

This persons pre existing concern about their dog is more relevant of that than the drug of choice

That's their decision. My cat died recently and sure I felt absolutely shit about it, but I wouldn't let my life decisions change because of it. If I'd have wanted to take MDMA, I would have done it.

Right, well I apologize. The explanation is that comparing a hippyflip experience to MDMA experience is flawed. A hippyflip is far more dependent on the set/setting, whereas MDMA is not so. Your friends bad experience is not in any way relevant to the OP's original concerns.

The chance of no comedown at all also can't be denied. Not everyone has a comedown to MDMA and in fact most new users find an afterglow instead. Get the dose right and the comedown is usually an afterglow.

That's their decision. My cat died recently and sure I felt absolutely shit about it, but I wouldn't let my life decisions change because of it. If I'd have wanted to take MDMA, I would have done it.

Gotcha. Sorry about your cat. My life is full of come downs and death , so I just thought I'd advise against it. Just trying to help, not win any debate. I see your point though. Thanks - Mike

Sorry about your cat

It's fine. I'm actually coping with it better than I thought I would.

My life is full of come downs and death , so I just thought I'd advise against it

That's perfectly fine. My point is that your friend's bad experience with a psilocybin+MDMA combo is not relevant in this context. You're still absolutely within your right to advise against it though for whatever reasons you deem necessary. I just wanted the OP to be clear that your friend's experiences are not transferable to his own when he makes the decision.

She ended up being better than ever the next morning! Suprised the shit out of me honestly, so i ended up having a GREAT roll

Good shit.