• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Does Wellbutrin ruin effects of opioids?

Gummybear05

Greenlighter
Hi! This is my first post even though I’ve been visiting bluelight as a guest since 2015ish, and I finally ran upon a question I can’t seem to find a clear answer to already on here;

Does Wellbutrin Xr ruin the effects of opiates? Or benzos? Or anything recreational besides nicotine?

Here is what I’ve personally concluded:
Nicotine is something to absolutely avoid on wb. Gives me this terrible dizzy feeling. I’ve gone from the 150mg and now I’m all the way up on 450mg of Wellbutrin a day, for my depression, and it WORKS for me :) so I don’t want to change it but I’m upset hearing from a few threads here and there that Wellbutrin may “stop dopamine effects of pills like tramadol” specifically?

Anyone else’s recreational experiences “ruined” by Wellbutrin? And have you found anything Wellbutrin doesn’t seem to change?
I appreciate any response, thank you

Hi! This is my first post even though I’ve been visiting bluelight as a guest since 2015ish, and I finally ran upon a question I can’t seem to find a clear answer to already on here;

Does Wellbutrin Xr ruin the effects of opiates? Or benzos? Or anything recreational besides nicotine?

Nicotine is something to absolutely avoid on wb. Gives me this terrible dizzy feeling. I’ve gone from the 150mg and now I’m all the way up on 450mg of Wellbutrin a day, for my depression, and it WORKS for me :) so I don’t want to change it but I’m upset hearing from a few threads here and there that Wellbutrin may “stop dopamine effects of pills like tramadol” specifically?

Anyone else’s recreational experiences “ruined” by Wellbutrin? And have you found anything Wellbutrin doesn’t seem to change?

In my case, I did affect Wellbutrin, I took it with tramadol when I knew nothing about drugs and felt like it kill the opioid euphoria. Also, there are many seizure risks. In fact, all of those antidepressants that inhibit the CYP2D6 enzyme affect opioids somewhat.

Never use methamphetamine while taking wellbutrin, just putting it out there. I made that mistake when i was younger and it ended with an "episode" on par with the old 'disappearing ego' trick comparable to L.S.D.