• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Does weed really need to be decarboxylated

Also, for handling hash oil, wrap it into sausages with 2 layers of rolling paper, & you can conveniently trim off doses that are so much easier to handle than plain oil.

clever, i'll have to give that a try, thanks.

it's translucent amber, but very sticky, with the consistency of putty (at room temp). like honey, but way more viscous. i guess i sort of inadvertently did the QWISO thing with my second attempt, since i did the extraction using ISO. i found that crude hash paste similarly difficult to work with (had to scrape it off the dish with a razor, and off the razor with a second razor).

with the stuff i've got now, i find that it's easy enough to get out of the container by dipping in a small metal screwdriver or something similar, but it's a bitch to get off the screwdriver. on my fourth attempt (with hash oil and PG), i just dipped the screwdriver into the warm PG, stirred, and let it go into solution. but whenever i try to (say) put the stuff into a bowl or a vaporizer, i'm quickly reminded why i don't do that as a regular thing.

i once took my hash oil extracted by QWISO (first run only), put that in solution of PG/ethanol and it took away the viscosity and i could sublingually dose without issue or layer it on to cigarettes to smoke or put a drop on some tobacco/cannabis in a vape. I think you'd get better results with a butane extraction, but yeah hash oil in general is the most sticky substance i've encountered. Even in pg/ethanol it was a pain to work with but it was rather diluted, making it bearable.

Like dissolves like goes for *polarity* and *presence of hydrogen bonding*, not much else.

I heard that soaking things like beans and nuts -- a process employed to neutralize the phytic acid content -- using acidified water would improve the process.