does weed dull your sensitivity to lsd?

frankmilton

Greenlighter
im an all day everyday pot smoker
at least i was till yesterday
i decided to quit because i hated being a slave to a substance
yes, a slave to WEED
however, due to my boredom today, i decided to drop some acid
i dropped 3 quarters of a tab 8-9 days ago so my tolerance should still be there but in the slightest degree
i dropped one and a quarter tab about an hour and a half ago
and to be honest, im not sure whether im feeling it or not
i mean i definately dont have that feeling of sobriety, but then it feels like im missing something?
do you think weed dulls your sensitivity to lsd or any other psychedelic?
im pretty sure if i smoked a bowl right now, i would have a bit of visuals
i was high the entire time i dropped last week and i got a bit of enhanced colors and a bit of amplified emotions
oh and also, i usually drop no more than one tab(<150 ug, i assume?)
however, the tab i took allegedly contained 200 ug
i might still be coming up, but im just not sure
hmm, it definately feels different to be sober after being high for months straight

One and a half hours is a perfect amount of time to think, "this shit is bunk, I might drop another" only to realise 3 minutes later that you were a little impatient and shit is about to get real.

Come back to us in 2 hours time

One and a half hours is a perfect amount of time to think, "this shit is bunk, I might drop another" only to realise 3 minutes later that you were a little impatient and shit is about to get real.

Come back to us in 2 hours time

2 hours from now or from the dropping point?
my theory was that because i only took acid when i was high
and i have been high for too long and pretty much forgot what sobriety feels like
acid wouldnt have so much effect on a "sober brain"
but thats just my hypothesis lol
i mean im definately feeling "something" right now, but its just not strong enough

If it's 200ug even heavy bong smoking isn't going to have much effect. Patience young Padawan, I speak from experience.

Go for a walk, change your environment, sometimes it takes a little longer than you expect. Personally I wouldn't have a smoke just yet. Enjoy the clean come up without the polluting effects of cannabis

hm... okay i should just be patient i guess
but im really thinking of taking 2 tabs from now on
i only took 2 tabs my very first time and i was sooooo overwhelmed that it scared the crap out of me
so i have been taking just a single tab from that time on
oh also, i drop by myself which explains why im afraid to take risk of high dosage

Sitting front of a computer waiting isn't doing you any favours. Get some fresh air around your bum, if it is the same acid you've tried before it will arrive before you know it

If you did lsd a week or so after doing it already, even at a smaller amount then your experience will definitely be very diminished.

I highly doubt it OP. I smoke weed almost every day and yet im sure I would definitely feel the effects of any psychedelics even at a solid [8] or higher. In fact I almost always smoke a bowl to pass the time between dropping and coming up. Try to distract yourself in the meantime- constantly asking yourself "am I feeling it yet?" doesn't do you any favors.

TBH I've actually found LSD to dull my sensitivity to Weed as what I know and love the weed high to be is almost completely non-existent when I trip on acid.

It's true that weed seems to be ineffective while tripping, but I think the OP is talking about overall dulling, not a dulling produced by mixing the two at once.

I can't comment as to whether weed has mentally dulled my trips as I've never had any inclination of it being so or not so. However, since starting tripping years ago weed has slowly but surely changed for me, almost completely. It's now no longer an automatically euphoric, make you feel better no matter what fun time, instead being like a psychedelic-lite, essentially. Good and bad definitely, good when by myself, not so good around people.

Weed still the same for me. Been tripping since I was 17.

However, there is a point after the LSD high where weed becomes effective again, but having said that, it is quite dull in comparison to a normal weed high. But I would think this to happen because of the mentally draining effects of the acid. But the next day or any time after there's usually not a problem

complete opposite for me; i refuse to smoke even 1 hit unless i want a completely different anxiety paranoia filled ride. i would rather ALWAYS just eat more acid to start if you want to be higher'
* also i literally smoke weed every day so who da fuq knows

I've seen a few people take panic attacks due to smoking weed on the peak of an LSD trip (Between the 1.5-6 hour mark), just thought I'd mention since I've also seen people who can smoke constantly without barely feeling it on LSD too. It definitely wouldn't dull your sensitivity but I find if you smoke before coming up it makes the experience smoother to transition into but I smoke everyday.

LSD makes me want to chain smoke joints.
Normally what happens is I smoke an obscene amount between the come-up and the plateau and don't feel much from it. Then the acid starts to wear off and I feel extremely stoned.

I just took 340mcg acid about 2 hours ago (tempted to go for another 170 just for shits and giggles).
This is the first time I have taken LSD in about 3 months and I almost forgot how ridiculously awesome it was. I have been using DOM and 2C-E heavily since then but this shit is totally mindblowing. Never fails to bring out the weed fiend in me either because, as always, it's as stimulating as holy hell - LSD always makes me feel like I've just snorted a ridiculous amount of cocaine (which also causes me to smoke an obscene amount of cannabis).

Chronic marijuana use dulls my personality completely and makes me pretty lazy and unmotivated and pretty much a sloth.
This spills over into my trips and greatly dulls them.
The two specifically mixed together however don't seem to have much effect

It's the opposite for me:
-Weed synergies with the LSD and make a stronger and kind of different high
-I get higher for a few days when I smoke weed after tripping