Does time on plus PCT = time off work?

Newguy2

Greenlighter
Hello,
Took me 10+ years to finally pull the trigger and do a cycle.
At the start if the cycle I was:
Late 30's
6 foot
164 lbs
16.2% body fat ( this was after losing 45 lbs over 2 years when I finally got serous about diet and exercise)

10 week Cycle was a simple 500mg test e per week with a low dose AI. Clomid and Nov. PCT.
Just did my last pin and will start PCT soon.

Now I am:
Still 6 foot :)
187 lbs
Around 13% body fat.

No negative sides other than it was difficult to get enough sleep which was frustrating as I know muscle growth occurs during sleep. Other thing I found was it was hard to eat enough... I kept my diet very clean. Too clean I think, bet I could have added quite a bit more mass if I had more carbs in the diet although it was nice to see my body fat decrease while gaining weight/mass.

My goals are simply to look and feel good. No competitive sports or interest in bodybuilding competition.

Sorry for rambling...getting to the point now.

My question is around what to do next. I do not want to be a year round user and I want to have a functioning hormone system later in life. I have seen more and more posts about cruising/blasting and bridge cycles to retain gains. I have also read plenty about acceptable time off to allow the natural hormone production to normalize.

I don't think I want to cruse/blast or bridge as the risk to future hormone normalcy seems risky but...do people actually retain gains with a time on plus time on PCT = time off cycle routine?

This is my 1st post ever...on any forum so I am sure I broke a rule or 2. Let the flames begin... I am interested in hearing from anyone with experience in getting their natural hormone production back to normal between cycles and their success level at retaining gains.

Thanks for any advice
Peace

Seriously? 6 ft and 187 after a cycle? You need to eat more not use more gear. Before I started anabolics I weighed 175-180 At 5' 6". But to answer the original question: yes- time on+pct=time off/lose all your gains.

Seriously? 6 ft and 187 after a cycle? You need to eat more not use more gear. Before I started anabolics I weighed 175-180 At 5' 6". But to answer the original question: yes- time on+pct=time off/lose all your gains.

I echo that. I'm 5'10" 195lb at my natty weight with body fat around 11%. He could have easily gotten to 6'0" 187lb at 13% body fat naturally and then gone on cycle. That is not a hard goal to achieve. He would have set himself up for much better gains in the long run imo.

As whats been said, you need to eat more, the most anabolic component is food without enough calories your cutting yourself short on a AAS cycle..... PCT is seen as kinda old school nowadays, you may lose some of your gains during PCT and after, keeping training and food in check will minimise this...

Agree with sero
I started this current cycle at about 168-170 after being out for a year with a shoulder injuryand I'm currently weighing in at around 205 mid cycle... I'm also 5'11 and my body fat has actually dropped a percent or so during the cycle... From about 12-13 to 12-11...
My goal is or was 210lbs, although at this rate I'll be hoping to hit 215 at 10-12%

I retained a lot doing much stupider stuff than you wrote. Of course theres also people that will fuck their hormones from a single cycle.