• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Does this seem reasonable? Physician assissted taper

speedballs_over

Bluelighter
Please someone help evaluate this medically supervised taper, neither I nor my doc are certain about this:

My situation: Was Aston Tapering off clonazepam. Fucked up, got about a 1-mg/day clonazolam habit (6 months, with October off completely) while at 35-mg Valium into the clonazepam taper.

Finally got the message I wasn't going to be able to taper myself off anything at this point.

Told my p. doc everything today (painful but very relieving, dr. is very empathetic ). Dr. hadn't heard of clonaZolam.

We guessed clonazolam is equal to about clonazepam and xanax mg for mg.

So today: 35-mg/day Valium and 2-mg ClonaZolam, then I destroy it and send pics to my doc of me drowning 180-mg clonaZolam in elmers glue and then down my septic system (not municiple)

Starting tomorrow the doc has upped my Valium from 35 to 50-mg/day and adding 1-mg xanazx (prn, i.e. as needed).

Those with much knowledge, who have been near my station in life, does this seem like an equivalent, safe crossover?

Next week we may drop the xanax, I was stable at 35-mg Valium for October, then fucked up bad with the RC for a month. So now 35-mg/day doesn't "hold" me more than six hours and then I need 1-mg clonaZolam to stop the panic and all the other acute w/ds.

Thanks.

I have very serious anxiety, I need the Valium. Unless you have diagnosed GAD/Panic/epilepsy STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM BENZOS. NEARLY RUINED MY LIFE, STILL NOT IN THE CLEAR.

Mods - I need solid opinions on this if possible. Is there a better forum for this question?

TL/DR: All November: 17.5 - 35-mg/day Valium, 1.5-mg clonaZolam. Less Valium on C-azo days (25-mg)

Asked doc to get me out of the RC hole. Drs solution: 50-mg Valium and 1-m Xanax (2x 0.5-mg prn) /day

Does that seem reasonable or should I expect significant discomfort?

You don't need to add any xanax into the picture - short acting benzos such as that are no good for tapering.

Your best bet would probably be to just drop the clonazolam and stay at 35mg valium, then decrease the valium over time.. The rate at which you cut the valium depends on whether you want a fast or slow taper.

Fast tapers are more uncomfortable, but they don't drag out a long time. There is also less risk of saying "fuck it" and taking enough to get you high and forgetting your taper. While you might feel 100% dedicated to getting off benzos right now, while you are going through withdrawals the "fuck it" attitude makes taking just an extra 10mg right now a lot more appealing.

Slow tapers are not as uncomfortable however some people drag that shit on forever. Also, as stated above, there is a greater chance (due to the longer period of time) to relapse and stay on benzos.

I've been through some nightmare benzo withdrawals, and if I wasn't in detox for my last benzo withdrawal (taking ~200mg valium per day, or similar equivalent doses of clonazolam and flubromazepam) I most certainly would have either died on relapsed. Good luck, and if you want to talk feel free to message me.

Last edited:
I also told my methadone doctor that i got hooked on these RC Benzos, on average 1mg clonazolam, 0,5mg flubromazolam and 2mg diclazepam, for around 3 month. I recommended him 30 mg diazepam, and the switch was easy as were the first drops down to 15mg. Now i struggle with 7,5mg and the subsequent drop to 5mg. I cannot split these 10mg tablets smaller then 2,5mg. Its time to ask him for 2mg diazepam tabs that are available. I will then drop to 3x 2mg per day, and then will drop by 1 mg untill i can quit.

Its the first time in my life i needed such a long and drawn out tapper (one month right now).All this time i have strictly stuck to my tapper, except for a surgery where i dropped 7,5 mg midazolam beforehand. But now i have this urge to drop a 2mg clonazepam with a beer and chill out one evening.