• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does this seem like a convenient, albeit shoddy, system for smoking shatter? (pic inside)

eBagger

Bluelighter
VdpUPSL.jpg

See, I pull from my main supply and put out what I want to smoke on for the next couple of days on a little piece of wax paper. I then put away the main supply and pretend the gram or two I pull is all I have, and thus I ration more intelligently instead of just "Damn I have a bunch of wax I'm gonna smoke and not worry about it" because it always goes twice as fast when I'm not paying attention. I then pull a few hits worth off the wax paper and put it on the bottom of a small broken jar I used to keep my reclaim in before it broke from heat. I'm using this basically in place of those little silicon wax holding things you usually take hits out of. Seem like a good system? I think I've read silicon is perfectly safe to smoke out of, I don't know the science behind it but holding something read hot to something silicon and inhaling seems bad but I really have no clue. Hitting it off wax feels pretty appropriate, I can control hits well.

I don't know why maybe because its crystal instead of glass, but this dab straw no matter how much I heat up the tip, doesn't seem to vaporize much of the wax per hit. Also must have much smaller passageways inside as after my first couple of times smoking with it it got stuck with wax and wouldn't hit. Also not sure how in the hell to get the wax out of this one, with the small passthrough holes it seems the concentrate wants to vaporize more than flow to the end of the glass for extraction, so I kinda feel like I'm wasting reclaim, or forced to take several big hits to help clear it out. Dunno not a concentrate expert, but I smoked it pretty consistently for a year of my life, but its all I smoke currently.

The cherry of a joint/cigarette, and likely a pipe, has been measured at 700 to 900 degrees F. They say silicone is safe to around 600. A lighter flame can supposedly reach 3,000 degrees. Even reading the silicone pipe manufacturers sites, they say to not hit silicone with direct flame and sometimes do admit to not use it in the bowl itself.

They are usually saying that the rest of the pipe is fine to make from silicone. You can smoke through it.
It always amazes me when people fret about smoking through aluminum, not using it in a bowl but smoking through it, and yet feel silicone bowls are copasetic.
TBH, there aren't a lot of materials where I would worry about warm smoke passing though it outgassing something. The pipe bowl is different.

Last edited: