• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Does this current study concern any MDMA users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've known that stimulant abuse could lead to the development of parkinson's disease for years.

I used to use MDMA. I haven't for over 5 years. I used around 25 times in a space of over 2 years. What risk do you feel I am under? I am pretty worried about this

Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it.

I feel I may develop it in the future. I have only just found this study and up till now the only study that I saw MDMA could cause Parkinson's was by Ricuarte. Do you feel I am at a real risk?

I appreciate it
Thanks

Last edited:
MDMA causes Parkinsons?

No. Parkinson's is a complex disease with a range of possible onset factors. Not everyone experiencing Parkinson's used MDMA I promise you.
There are a range of factors that MAY INCREASE your likelihood of POSSIBLY developing the disease, but your genetics, nutrition, exposure to various heavy metals and chemicals in the past would ALSO play a part.
So let's not press the panic button just yet...
HOWEVER, if panicking is your thing, you might want to check out some of the latest research linking benzo use (valium, sleeping pills etc) to Alzheimer's disease! Now that's concerning, as many many people and put on those drugs for years! (sry not tryna mess with yr topic, just came to mind then )

p.s. Pizzaguy: I knew some guys years ago who used to synthasize MDMA in crystal form for us to IV (inject straight into bloodstream) before they pressed the rest with fillers into pill form for the general public. This was something they did for YEARS and , as far as I know not one of them has developed Parkinson's disease!

Stay safe my friends
Monkey ;)

Last edited:
not worried at all. meth is known to be neurotoxic to dopaminergic neurons, so the study is no surpise when of the "stimulant users" 84% have used meth.

Thanks for the great responses. I suppose if it increased the likelihood of Parkinson's to the point where it mattered; we'd be seeing a much more obvious connection made by now whereas there hasn't been.

Last edited:
Well I would be more concerned about the short term memory function and the verbal memory function, since both have been impaired by MDMA use. As more as you take as more you are impaired that is a fact (doesn't necceseraly mean brain damage). So just take it few times if you don't want to risk long lasting effects.

MDMA is NOT the reason for Parkinson's desease. There might be some risk, but I would say that the main reason for Parkinson's desease would be rather more the folllowing drugs: speed (dopamin antagonist), meth (high dopamin antagonist) amphetamine, cocaine (high dopamin antagonist) and alcohol (destroys everything it "touches"). MDMA is also a dopamin releaser, but it is far less than the listed drugs.

what im concerned more is a possible heart valve issue i read smwhere about.

Status
Not open for further replies.