Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Does the "tums method" work with 6-APB?

princetonik

Greenlighter
Hi

Just wondering whether taking tums/bicarb with 6-APB will have the same positive effect that it has for some people when they have it before MDMA? ie a longer and possible more intense roll.

Thanks

What IS the science behind this. I presume it increases the pH of the stomach so does it in fact temporarily freebase the MDMA allowing it to be absorbed by the stomach more quickly or is it something more subtle like freebasing and then forming the bicarbonate salt?

Or even more subtle it binds with another stomach acid - one that is activily transported through the walls of the stomach

As it is, it might be a mixture but people tell me that the hit is almost as intense as IV administration.

I remember listening to an audiobook and Frankie Boyle said he got hold of some MDMA 'tablets' that were the 'size of Refreshers' (a British candy snack) and he remarked that their wasn't the 20 minutes waking for an alert and then suddenly, at 30 minutes the sudden rush. No, it that case it hit him 'instantly'.

He added that he had been sh*gging a married lady. He was happy. He had more XTC, a willing lady and no work for four days. Now I KNOW that the guys he hung around with got the very best stuff. Another favourite was a 50-50 mixture of pure cocaine and pure ketamine hich was sold for £100/g and named 'Chaos'.

You tell me, is a 50mg line composed of 25mg of 100% pure cocaine hydrochloride and 25mg of ketamine a good high? It seems like a bad plan as all judgment will be lost and god alone knows if cocaine and ketamine react. I should add that (R) ketamine is actually very like cocaine. When we visited friends near Hexham, they had some (R) ketamine. I didn't try it as I don't like cocaine BUT my wife had a line and said that yes, it was amost identical to cocaine from the freeze to the drop to the supposedly unique rush cocaine gives.

Some Chinese suppliers still make (S) ketamine (Esketamine) by following the usual synthesis and then resolving the 2 isomers with an optically active acid.

What IS the science behind this. I presume it increases the pH of the stomach so does it in fact temporarily freebase the MDMA allowing it to be absorbed by the stomach more quickly or is it something more subtle like freebasing and then forming the bicarbonate salt?

Or even more subtle it binds with another stomach acid - one that is activily transported through the walls of the stomach

As it is, it might be a mixture but people tell me that the hit is almost as intense as IV administration.

I remember listening to an audiobook and Frankie Boyle said he got hold of some MDMA 'tablets' that were the 'size of Refreshers' (a British candy snack) and he remarked that their wasn't the 20 minutes waking for an alert and then suddenly, at 30 minutes the sudden rush. No, it that case it hit him 'instantly'.

He added that he had been sh*gging a married lady. He was happy. He had more XTC, a willing lady and no work for four days. Now I KNOW that the guys he hung around with got the very best stuff. Another favourite was a 50-50 mixture of pure cocaine and pure ketamine hich was sold for £100/g and named 'Chaos'.

You tell me, is a 50mg line composed of 25mg of 100% pure cocaine hydrochloride and 25mg of ketamine a good high? It seems like a bad plan as all judgment will be lost and god alone knows if cocaine and ketamine react. I should add that (R) ketamine is actually very like cocaine. When we visited friends near Hexham, they had some (R) ketamine. I didn't try it as I don't like cocaine BUT my wife had a line and said that yes, it was amost identical to cocaine from the freeze to the drop to the supposedly unique rush cocaine gives.

Some Chinese suppliers still make (S) ketamine (Esketamine) by following the usual synthesis and then resolving the 2 isomers with an optically active acid.
That was quite the tangent my friend :p From my limited reading on it (i've not tried it myself) it is due to raising the stomach PH which apparently helps the MDMA absorb as it does so better in a less acidic environment. But like I said I have done limited research on it so this may be totally incorrect. All I know is it works for a lot of people and I was wondering whether the same thing would happen with 6-APB

Hi

Just wondering whether taking tums/bicarb with 6-APB will have the same positive effect that it has for some people when they have it before MDMA? ie a longer and possible more intense roll.

Thanks

You may have to be the first to try and report back :) I’m gonna assume it works in a similar fashion.

-GC

Does taking antacid actually increase stomach acidity due to homogenization? Or vice versa?

I've always doubted things that say X drug is more absorbed in basic stomach environments... maybe, but how soon and how long does the stomach remain in that state?

If you take an antacid, surely the stomach starts immediately producing MORE acid.

Does taking antacid actually increase stomach acidity due to homogenization? Or vice versa?

I've always doubted things that say X drug is more absorbed in basic stomach environments... maybe, but how soon and how long does the stomach remain in that state?

If you take an antacid, surely the stomach starts immediately producing MORE acid.

This is why I can’t/don’t take antacids even when I have nasty heartburn. 1hr later I’ll be worse off than I was when I first took them as my body produces more acid to combat the base.

-GC

This is why I can’t/don’t take antacids even when I have nasty heartburn. 1hr later I’ll be worse off than I was when I first took them as my body produces more acid to combat the base.

-GC
Yeah, when I use them they seem to provide superficial comfort then leave me more fucked than I was to begin with.

No, antacids, as the name suggests, reduce acidity. I think they key is to get the stomach to the pH matching the pKa of the drug so that that it can transesterify to the digestive enzymes.

But if it works, it works - no need to go into the technical details.

You may have to be the first to try and report back :) I’m gonna assume it works in a similar fashion.

-GC
Hmm, i'm considering it but not sure, if it reduces the absorption it will be a waste of an experience and considering how rarely i do it that would be a shame. Plus i've been taking NAC for the last couple of months for the first time ever so it wouldn't be a very scientific test, too many variables.

Plus i've been taking NAC for the last couple of months for the first time ever so it wouldn't be a very scientific test, too many variables.
From my own experience with NAC it blunts dopaminergic euphoria, not MDMA (?), but I'd probably stop taking it for a week anyways.