• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does the MDMA in a Candyflip prevent the potential LSD psychosis?

No. 13 Baby

Bluelighter
At least two unrelated people so far have answered "yes" to this question

Would be amazing if generally true

LSD psychosis? What is this phenomenon you speak of?

Last edited:
If anything, poly drug use only increases the chance of something unexpected happening.

The mdma can certainly add a positive mood and euphoria to a psychedelic experience, but keep in mind manic behaviour, strange thought patterns/behaviour, disinhibitionism, and so forth are absolutely a possibility when ingesting these substances.

The chance of these things happening go up the higher the dose. Just know yourself, know your drugs. Be familiar with how you react to each substance on their own.

Take lower doses of each when mixing. If you want to up the dose, do it very slowly.

nah not at all. it may decrease the potential for a bad trip but if i'm honest i think it enhances the potential for mania etc. as the mdma wears off but the lsd end stage sketchyness dopamine sensitivity is in full force and the whole no sleep sketchy vibes and sadness of the mdma comedown all at once might be a bit much.

normally its easy to sleep after mdma for me (just eat drink some milk and go to bed and crash out in a mellow driftage) i find it really hard after lsd/1p-lsd etc. so i think that being forced awake during the comedown is a bit unpleasant

There is absolutely zero evidence that MDMA antagonizes anything LSD does that would effectively be anti-psychotic.

While MDMA does give a positive feeling, the combination can still be quite crazy trust me. Helping to avoid a terrorizing trip... hmmh dread may act as the final drop to push a person over the edge, but a much more pertinent issue is losing sight of real vs. mind-manifested.
If a person is at least somewhat resilient in this sense of reality and not predisposed to psychosis, LSD won't really cause a psychosis by itself, worst it probably does at that point is a temporary drug-induced psychotic episode or a delusional episode that passes when the drug wears off.
A positive mindstate helping to avoid dreadful trips doesn't weigh up against the tendency of such drugs to undermine your sense of reality.

Drugs like LSD mostly suppress the thalamus which is a relay station that normally governs higher levels of consciousness and without that government the brain is left more 'free' to do its thing (which can be risky if you are a person who has a brain that can't handle that freedom and go psychotic, and start mistaking signals). MDMA suppresses the limbic system which is the center of learned emotional reflexes, which helps dissolve fears and pre-programmed feelings we associate with things.
But basically it is another way to disinhibit systems. From this I would NOT expect a reduced risk of too weakened boundaries.

MDMA does not help guard the boundaries and differentiation of real vs. fantasy/thought or abnormal thoughts and behavior.

Combining these two is worse than either alone in risking psychosis, even if it is only my word against those two people you asked... general drug interactions tell us that if nothing else a drug combination is a complication.

Honestly you are playing with fire to begin with, taking psychedelics when predisposed and diagnosed. Sure they are (generally) beautiful, but I don't think they are worth risking your mental health over like that. Take care of yourself.

Last edited:
Shulgin talks about how mdma/mdpr type compounds act as primers for psychedelics, often potentiating the psychedelic.

I know from experience that the mdma/LSD combo can get out of control fast. LSD makes me feel extra sensitive to begin with. The physical sensations that mdma cause can feel downright overwhelming while LSD is peaking.

For myself, I've decided that LSD is such a full on rich experience in and of itself that I will never mix it with anything except cannabis and alcohol. Too many times I have lost control from underestimating what LSD is capable of.

Ide say it hightens the chance of psychosis assuming you have had more than a single tab and cap.

The medium to high dose candy flips can be very hard to handle, i always hear people say "mdma makes the trip happy"
This is only barely true. Lsd can and will overpower mdma euphoria.
Ive found when i candyflip, thats when your thought proccess becomes slightly insane, visuals become more intense in a weird jittery way. Your jaws will clamp down through 12 inch thick pieces of steel. Awkward eye contact prominent. Mis-percieving things as they happen.

Candyflips need to be treated with respect, i know too many people who see it as a way to "good trip" when really its actually adding risk.
If you are on lsd and want a shortcut to some tricky mental situations, take some mdma.

I think MDMA would completely sky-rocket any risk of 'psychosis' happening (true psychosis, if you're prone to that). I think it would generally increase the risk of bad trips etc too. It's not just a case of 'oh MDMA feels great if I just dose it on top of some LSD it will make me feel great while on LSD'. Psychosis on MDMA alone is very possible if you're prone, it is a stimulant and its reliable induction of a hypomanic state is basically the reason people take it in the first place.

this one guy i met once at a rave told me about an expirience he had with like 1500 ug of acid.
he told me him and his freinds took each another 0.15 of MDMA, and he claimed that it really helped him with the trip because the MDMA helped him "stay together" (his words)
he also said that without the MDMA, the exprience would be much more unpleasent.

What it would have been like without the LSD would have been pure conjecture, and once again: making a trip difficult or harder on the mind doesn't really have to correlate with psychosis that much.
People here are throwing bad trips, psychosis, and temporarily delusional states onto a big pile... why would you assume that avoiding a bad trip would help you avoid psychosis? That extreme stress can push you over is possible but again it relies on plenty of other things whether a person is actually likely to lose their sense of reality.
Assuming that it's better to use MDMA to avoid bad experiences is nearly as bad as purely judging toxicity by hangovers: sometimes you might be right but it is a terrible way to judge safety, just because it feels like that.

Yeah, usually a true psychosis is comorbid with a kind of hypomanic state, someone undergoing a true psychosis during a psychedelic trip may not be having a 'bad trip' but feel on top of the world, with delusional ideas such that they are the second coming of Christ or some such. What people usually think of as a bad trip reaching point of 'psychosis' is more likely a psychedelic crisis. MDMA could make true psychosis more likely as much as it might make it less likely. Same with using it to prevent 'bad trips'.

Yeah, usually a true psychosis is comorbid with a kind of hypomanic state, someone undergoing a true psychosis during a psychedelic trip may not be having a 'bad trip' but feel on top of the world, with delusional ideas such that they are the second coming of Christ or some such.

been there 2005, wouldn't recommend it. you literally described what happened. mania for 1-2 month (hard to remember i was off my nut). worst episode i have had ever. thought i was god

luckily i am fine these days no mental problems for about 8 years

This entire topic is based on the false pretense LSD causes psychosis. LSD doesn't cause psychosis. This myth is from old drug war propaganda.

Thanks Art Linkletter...

I had an horrible trip many years ago mixing LSD, MDMA and speed. Finished my night strapped on an hospital bed. So, I confirm it is totally possible to loose it mixing LSD and MDMA.