• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Does the dissociative state of cannabis compare to ketamine?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Question the title, pretty straight forward.

wSBm8pe.png

Allusions are made to increased awareness of "time and space" on cannabis.

Anyone who has used both, have they found that to be true in perspective of ketamine use?

I would say cannabis is more similar to LSD, shrooms, etc in terms of the effect on time space perception which often include time dilation and an increased awareness of the present moment. With ketamine the effect on time and space will be very dose dependent and it might be possible to experience time dilation on lower doses. In a K hole your sense of everything is so distorted I can't really describe it.

I would say cannabis is more similar to LSD, shrooms, etc in terms of the effect on time space perception which often include time dilation and an increased awareness of the present moment. With ketamine the effect on time and space will be very dose dependent and it might be possible to experience time dilation on lower doses. In a K hole your sense of everything is so distorted I can't really describe it.
Yea THC/Cannabis/hashish to me, are or were more like low doses of mushrooms, especially if it is Sativa or hybrid with some Indica for the body load, especially if you smoke, or eat enough. Vaping was psychedelic but more cerebral, not visual and no body load and it lasted for 8 hours and not as long as eating pot or hashish or THC extracted and cooked into food.

It is,not really like the super time dialation and ego fragmentation or ego death, telepathy or out of body experiences from high doses of mushrooms, or LSD, but time or perception of it does get slightly messed with.

I never have used Ketamine, or any disassociative drugs like Angel dust or PCP, DXM, MXE, etc. but everyone who likes to smoke hash or pot should try eating it in prepared food in a high dose at least once. But make sure like with any psychedelic drug, you do not have to drive or go anywhere for most of an entire day or night.

Last edited:
It has the potential to be very similar to a light k-hole if you are not experienced with cannabis.

I remember seeing myself from a third person perspective the first time I smoked weed, very similar to a light ketamine dissocitation.

But as other users had said, it's more similar to a low dose of a psychedelic than a low dose of any dissociative ;)

but everyone who likes to smoke hash or pot should try eating it in prepared food in a high dose at least once. But make sure like with any psychedelic drug, you do not have to drive or go anywhere for most of an entire day or night.

I once mistakening ate about 2 cm^2 of hash melted in oil and mixed with yoghurt.

It felt like I was going to die.

Pretty sure I stopped breathing at some point.

Can't remember how I started breathing again but thankfully did.

Respiratory depression is not unusual with CBD/THC overdose apparently:

Hardcore bad trips with oral cannabis for sure.

The worst psychedelic experiences I had were with oral cannabis, and I used to mix dissociatives with LSD or tryptamines ;P

thc in even low dose causes even a slightly dissociative state when if have no tolerance. the offered synthetic cannabinoids are more dissociative and feel kinda exhausting for me if the cannabinoid has a longer sidechain on the 1 of the indole for eg the pentyl sidechain. propyl is more pleasant but i like to redose every 20 minutes to one hour. butyl lies in between.

Hardcore bad trips with oral cannabis for sure.

The worst psychedelic experiences I had were with oral cannabis, and I used to mix dissociatives with LSD or tryptamines ;P
I used to do mixed shots of MXE and 4-HO-DET. About 25mg of each IV in one go was a very unique state of mind.

About the original post I have to say no. K is not like cannabis but I have only ever IV'd K. Maybe it's somewhat similar in low doses or something but cannabis is nothing like an IV hole.

Not really comparable no, at least not any more than any intoxicating drug is comparable to another intoxicating drug purely by virtue of altering brain chemistry.

IMO dissociative states induced by cannabis that precipitate an actual psychiatric disorder and diagnosis are not comparable to purely drug induced states of dissociation either. The former is a manifestation of an innate cognitive dysfunction, perhaps triggerred by some downstream effect of a different drug of course, while the latter are targeted and temporary changes in an otherwise fairly coherent mind.

"Dissociation" could be said to be a fairly broad term and apply to a lot of different modes of consciousness - in that sense almost all drugs could be said to have dissociative elements, except perhaps racetams and other NMDA agonists, positive allosteric modulators, "associatives", colloquially, but even then one could be said to be "dissociating by association", in a way, where the previous association was unaltered baselines consciousness.

So yeah, to be blunt, IMO, no, this is a tenuous enough link to be meaningless.