View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does Sugar affect dxm.

Thomaspale

Greenlighter
So I have done dxm in doses anywhere from 200-1000mgs. Today I decided to go for 354mg since I had not done it for quite some time and just wanted a mellow high. Anyways I took said amount around 6pm, hit at 8pm or so. Once I started to peak I decided to just lay in bed. Things started out just fine but then my mind started to wonder to bad thoughts and I got just a tad bit of anxiety, but on such a low dose I was able to keep myself calm. After that I got the munchies....which is weird because usually food is tasteless and not appetizing in the least while on dxm. The only thing I had in my room was candy and that sounded good enough so I started eating. Ended up eating like 20 little boxes of nerds. I then walked upstairs to get some real food but all the candy did not sit well in my stomach so I decided to just sit down and watch some t.v. I sat there for about 20 mins and I was still tripping pretty good. I then got up walked back down stairs to play some gmod. I played for a bit and while I was playing a thought occurred to me. I wasn't high in the slightest anymore. It was like it had been 24 hours since I had dosed, I didn't even have the afterglow or anything. I just felt like everything was completely normal.I could think clearly, type clearly, everything was just normal. except that I should have easily been tripping for about the next 4 hours and I didn't feel a thing. So my question is does sugar somehow affect dxm or something. I mean to be high one second and then the next just fine just does not make any sense to me. I am mind boggled by this. Any information you guys have on this would be great. Sorry for the dull story, but thanks for taking the time to read.

Is this 354mg of polistyrex (Delsym) or 354mg of HBr? Either way it's a relatively light dose and if you are used to 500mg+ doses leaving you with intense experiences and long afterglows you'll be disappointed. Doubly so if you have had any tolerance to dissociatives in the past, or have been using drugs that effect serotonin or norepinephrine levels.

You do have to remember that if you assume drugs fall off exponentially (they have half-lives in the body), if you take 2x a dose of drug you can expect it to persist in the system for another half life. And DXM/DXO have fairly long ones if I'm not mistaken. So if you take a lower dose than what you're used to, then expect the effects to fall off faster.

Sugar and/or eating doesn't magically sober you up or alter DXM blood levels... in fact I always held the belief that low blood sugar can exacerbate bad trip so eating was actually a good way to ensure you had enough energy to enjoy your experience and avoid mysterious "lows".

It might also be a trick of the mind. People can "smoke themselves straight" or feel like they've sobered up but really haven't. Maybe the sugar was a distraction. On DXM one can feel totally fine but, at the same time, watch a black dot jumping up and down in the middle of the air as the only thing out of the ordinary.

I really don't think it had anything to do with it.

350 is a really low dose for an experienced user.
I've also tried similiar doses after a long break with similiar effects.. it's like the high is barely there and the POOF