• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Does Suboxone block euphoria from adderall ER?

idontremember

Bluelighter
I can't find any newer threads on this topic and the old ones don't really address this/begin too and then the topic changes. I just started 10mg er Adderall (generic). I used to take Adderall about 15 years ago. It used to give me a euphoric feeling. I took it for the first time since then yesterday and today. (Just 10mg). I did not get the euphoria feeling/don't have it now either. I am also taking 16mg generic suboxone (both of these are prescribed). Is the suboxone blocking the euphoria feeling or is it something else? Thank you.

It probably does. Since being on Suboxone I don’t feel any euphoria from any other drugs. Total buzz kill 🙄 the only thing that gives me a bit of euphoria is alcohol which I don’t like to do.

It doesn't block it directly, but opioids in general can have a "blunting" effect when it comes to stimulants.

But it would say it's moreso that 10mg of adderall generally doesn't produce much in terms of euphoria for anyone. Additionally, even if 10mg of adderall once produced euphoria for you 15 years ago, with the passage of time oftentimes drugs feel less euphoric than they once did. For instance, I recall 30mg of adderall to be fairly euphoric 15 years ago, but the same dose feels very different today.

So I'd say the lack of perceived euphoria is a combo of 1) the very low dose of adderall consumed, 2) the passage of time (15 years) and 2) the blunting effect that opioids can have on the perceived effects of stimulants (and 16mg of suboxone is a high dose, whereas 10mg of adderall is a low dose).

Guess it depends on the bupre dose. At 16mg I can see it having some blocking effect but for me. Up to 4mg bupre didn't have any effect on my methylphenidate dose.

Back when I had a death wish I used to mix suboxone with my meth shots to "level me out" (read: so I wouldn't lose my shit), so I could definitely see a relatively large dose of bupe impacting the effects of a relatively small dose of d-amp.

I can't find any newer threads on this topic and the old ones don't really address this/begin too and then the topic changes. I just started 10mg er Adderall (generic). I used to take Adderall about 15 years ago. It used to give me a euphoric feeling. I took it for the first time since then yesterday and today. (Just 10mg). I did not get the euphoria feeling/don't have it now either. I am also taking 16mg generic suboxone (both of these are prescribed). Is the suboxone blocking the euphoria feeling or is it something else? Thank you.

I'd be surprised. As far as I'm aware (and there are definitely people on here who are better-informed than me) it only acts as an opioid-blocker, not a dopamine blocker, so it shouldn't affect how stimulants affect you.

I'm beginning to think it was my tinapetine relapse that is blocking the effects of the suboxone and stimulants. Luckily my relapse was very short lived. I hope it didn't mess me up for good this time because I'm having a hard time functioning with nothing working. My one day relapse (though it was 2 or 3 bottles, can't remember) was about 11 days ago. I'll see I guess