• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does PCOS qualify for medical marijuana?

Loozer_Magnet

Bluelighter
I live in a state that just passed medical use of Marijuana.. I also have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome).. If you don't know what that is, it's an endocrinology disorder that causes severe cramps, hormonal imbalances, fatigue, insulin resistance, weight gain, and cysts to grow on he ovaries (that rupture and can cause severe pain).. There is no cure for it and it doesn't usually go away.. The medications used to help treat it are clomid (to help with infertility), Metformin (insulin resistance and weight gain), and birth control (hormone control)... But none of those medications help with the pain.. And for most of us, simple pain relievers such as Tylenol doesn't work..
There have been several studies done that show marijuana can help improve the symptoms of PCOS including pain...

So what are the chances I would qualify for a green card??

I did. It lists several different diseases but it also says that other ones might be covered as well.. Depending on severity..

Perfect. You'll need to talk to your doctor but you'll also have to wait and see...

In California, where medical marijuana first came into existence, there were conditions in Prop 215 but it also said "for any condition for which marijuana may provide relief." In 1996, when the law first passed, it was very difficult to get doctors to sign off, and all of the doctors were in northern california. People drove over 600 miles to see a doctor for 15 minutes. Today there are doctors in every area of the state who provide this service. In rural areas you can Skype from home. But that took 20 years...

I'm not saying Florida will take 20 years to get full access, I just mean the legislative process is different everywhere and you'll want to closely follow how it goes. Stay in touch with your representative and make sure they get to know you (and that you vote!). Talk to your doctor, make sure they'll be willing to sign off on MMJ for you. If not, start looking for a new doctor NOW so you're ready to get approved AS SOON AS the process begins. Being first in line will be helpful if the bureaucracy backs up.