• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Does oxycodone interact with Gabapentin? Google claims a yes however..

Zonxx

Bluelighter
A google search will yield results varying from "interacts" and that the effects stack.. my question is this simply the effects working alongside eachother or do they genuinely have some sort of interaction with one another

My thoughts is simply effects stacking and thats all.

I take these medications regularly and never really notice a huge difference vs taking oxy alone unless i take rediculous doses of pentin however that may be due to tolerance since i take alot of lyrica which is 2.5-3x stronger

Gabapentin I useless feed it to the fishes no it don't potenate oxy unless maybe your sensitive but if your a drug addict like myself I'd stick with 700mg Lyrica and an oxy Lyrica will potenate

Yo @Zonxx for me it and Pregabalin works when taken with some slow release Oxy, and synergistic or potentiation is not fully clear. However they do come on at almost identical times as oppose to IR Oxy.

What is and isn’t useless Kush is subjective and individual. Also the dose which works for you may not for others.

I
Yo @Zonxx for me it and Pregabalin works when taken with some slow release Oxy, and synergistic or potentiation is not fully clear. However they do come on at almost identical times as oppose to IR Oxy.

What is and isn’t useless Kush is subjective and individual. Also the dose which works for you may not for others.
I understand that I'm a drug addict i always go to extremes I just hope to be helpful and give insight

Gabapentin I useless feed it to the fishes no it don't potenate oxy unless maybe your sensitive but if your a drug addict like myself I'd stick with 700mg Lyrica and an oxy Lyrica will potenate
I take it with both pentin and pregab =p

I know I'm a bit late here, but no one has mentioned this yet. Technically this information is about hydrocodone, but given the structure only differs by one atom, I'd expect similar results.

Yes, there's an interaction. Taking the two together (compared to taking them individually) will 1) increase the amount of gabapentin in your system by about 14%, and 2) decrease the amount of OC in your system. How strong this effect is depends on the gabapentin dose. 125mg will only cause a 3-4% decrease, but 500mg will cause a 21-22% decrease.

You can find this in the medication info for Neurontin/gabapentin, which is available online at Pfizer's site (link goes to the exact section).

Edit: I'm a chronic pain patient, and my goal is pain relief. I learned this info the hard way when we increased my gabapentin dose and my vicodin suddenly stopped working. ? Raising the HC dose helped. I'll add that the gabapentin doesn't seem to increase the duration of pain relief at all - if anything, it's the opposite - so I think it reduces absorption rather than slowing it. But it depends on what you're after. That 14% gabapentin increase plus what's left of your OC might give you a better subjective experience. It just doesn't give better pain relief.

Last edited:
I may have mentioned this before, but there is a joint compound used of Oxy and Pregabalin, I will search again for the journal report. Have a google for this you may find it pops up somewhere ?

I know I'm a bit late here, but no one has mentioned this yet. Technically this information is about hydrocodone, but given the structure only differs by one atom, I'd expect similar results.

Yes, there's an interaction. Taking the two together (compared to taking them individually) will 1) increase the amount of gabapentin in your system by about 14%, and 2) decrease the amount of OC in your system. How strong this effect is depends on the gabapentin dose. 125mg will only cause a 3-4% decrease, but 500mg will cause a 21-22% decrease.

You can find this in the medication info for Neurontin/gabapentin, which is available online at Pfizer's site (link goes to the exact section).

Edit: I'm a chronic pain patient, and my goal is pain relief. I learned this info the hard way when we increased my gabapentin dose and my vicodin suddenly stopped working. ? Raising the HC dose helped. I'll add that the gabapentin doesn't seem to increase the duration of pain relief at all - if anything, it's the opposite - so I think it reduces absorption rather than slowing it. But it depends on what you're after. That 14% gabapentin increase plus what's left of your OC might give you a better subjective experience. It just doesn't give better pain relief.
OC = oxy contin orrr?my brains fried today, cant brain no brain herdur

for the record, i only take pentin with speed basically, i've yet to take it with morphine BUT... my breakthrough meds are hydrmorph and oxy so that would really fucking suck , THANKYOU FOR THIS INFO but its k, i've eaten my years gabapentin in one month LELELEL not really a joke, some are awed but i've taken 1600 pregabs/pentin pills this month along with 120 30mg addys, which totals to around eh hm not toooo much but 3.6 grams of speed i thought it was more tbh, but they really synergize, and have allowed me to save 4 WHOLE DAYS of pain meds, no joke. no more pentin anymore, only 160 pregabs / month :/

But you stated Hydrocodone @astris thats why we were a little perplexed.

Thankyou for the points made though I assume it is the same with either Oxy or hydro. My OxyContin certainly fits like a glove with Pregabalin, almost step by step metabolism tineframe!!