• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

does one psychedelic limit the effects of another?

emitecaps1996

Greenlighter
Hey bluelighters

First time poster here - I hope this doesn't count as a "what should I..." thread - it's not what I want to know.

I have three types of psychedelic at my disposal: 4-HO-MET, 4-Aco-DMT and good ol' LSD. What I'd like to do is try each of these but allow enough time between them so that there's no after effect or "half life" (for want of a better term) bewteen them. In my simple mind, although they are basically trying to do the same thing, they are all separate chemicals and shouldn't really interfere with each other. However I'm open to suggestion and advice from fellow psychonauts.

How long should I leave between trips?

Hey, welcome. :) You should leave at least a week between trips, 2 weeks is best. All psychedelics have cross-tolerance with each other. However combinations can be really nice, sometimes they can compliment each other very well when taken together. But of course you'd want to try them all on their own first.

Hey, welcome. :) You should leave at least a week between trips, 2 weeks is best. All psychedelics have cross-tolerance with each other. However combinations can be really nice, sometimes they can compliment each other very well when taken together. But of course you'd want to try them all on their own first.
That's exactly the answer I needed - Thank you!

I find that, while LSD creates tolerance that lasts up to two weeks, the 4-substituted tryptamines create much less tolerance, and sometimes they even seem to exhibit reverse tolerance if I take them two weeks in a row.

I find that, while LSD creates tolerance that lasts up to two weeks, the 4-substituted tryptamines create much less tolerance, and sometimes they even seem to exhibit reverse tolerance if I take them two weeks in a row.
Yep. I was just going to say that too...:D

IME 4-HO-MET could even be used multiple times a week with no apparent tolerance, when a good LSD trip always makes me take a break for at least a week or two.

BTW, the combination of 4-Aco-DMT and 4-HO-MET is sublime, but try them all by themselves first, as Xorkoth suggested! :)

IME 4-HO-MET could even be used multiple times a week with no apparent tolerance, when a good LSD trip always makes me take a break for at least a week or two.

well that is interesting! is there any studies or documentation on that?

BTW, the combination of 4-Aco-DMT and 4-HO-MET is sublime

also very good to know.

thanks!

as far as what I know goes, yeah, it does, but I guess I don't know much. I heard it on psychedsubstances it's a cool youtube channel you should check it out. Say you toook MDMA two dys in a row it would make mescaline less effective, that was a story he told hahaa