• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does nicotine cause more nausea on DXM?

raphaelvize

Bluelighter
Hey I'm new, this is my first real post :) So I'm asking this question because I'm planning to take 450mg (with GFJ) soon but the last two times I did DXM i did 675mg but ended up having extreme nausea and puked most of the DXM out :mad:

I had a couple of cigarettes on those days though so I'm thinking that the nicotine maybe caused some nausea? I've done DXM before without cigarettes and I didn't get nearly as much nausea and didn't puke so is there some pharmacology behind the interaction between nicotine and DXM (something to do with nicotine being an maoi?)?

Thanks in advance, apologies if a similar thread has been posted before, I searched for one but didn't find any.

No, but some can still get nauseous while smoking the cigarette.

Did you do a DXM only product?

If so, some just yak from DXM.

Yeah, i always get dxm only... But the thing is is that i used to not puke in the past when i didnt smoke near my experience, but now im puking every time so im wandering if nicotine enhances the nausea associated with dxm

Thank you for replying :D

Nicotine can cause and often does cause nausea in general, so I can only assume that something like Dextromethorphan could easily exacerbate this symptom.

If you have a pretty low nicotine tolerance, it can cause nausea because it makes you rather lightheaded and dizzy, giving your brain the impression that you're moving (like motion sickness). DXM causes nausea partially because of the physical effects on your stomach and other organs, but also because it makes you feel like your being shook around, also feeling similar to extreme motion sickness. So the combination may cause worse nausea because the nausea is caused in a similar way. Also, 675 mg is quite a hefty dose, and would probably cause nausea alone. You could try taking some soft OTC nausea meds with it. I'd reccomend to stay away from cannabis for the nausea here though. Cannabis makes a DXM trip much more intense, so it would probably end up worsening the nausea.

^Nancy, you always come dangerously close to making sense with the things that you say, but we're not there yet. This sounds like a 14th century apothecary's explanation.

Thanks for the info. What OTC nausea meds are good - like diphenhydramine? I heard antacids can help

Hey I'm new, this is my first real post :) So I'm asking this question because I'm planning to take 450mg (with GFJ) soon but the last two times I did DXM i did 675mg but ended up having extreme nausea and puked most of the DXM out :mad:

I had a couple of cigarettes on those days though so I'm thinking that the nicotine maybe caused some nausea? I've done DXM before without cigarettes and I didn't get nearly as much nausea and didn't puke so is there some pharmacology behind the interaction between nicotine and DXM (something to do with nicotine being an maoi?)?

Thanks in advance, apologies if a similar thread has been posted before, I searched for one but didn't find any.

Unless you usually get nauseous after a few cigarettes while sober, I wouldn't blame it on the nicotine. From personal experience, there's no real interaction between the two's puking effects. I've found that my stomach can't handle dxm as well after using awhile though (after use through several months). Maybe it could be that?

There's definitely interaction between the two highs however. Having a stoge really multiplies the dxm buzz and takes it to another level.