• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does morphine give you a buzz?

Does morphine give you a buzz? Please go to my other posts to elaborate on your answer

• Total voters

Stephy

Bluelighter
Does 30,60, or 90 mg of morphine xr give you a buzz? It doesn't for me and my pain can STILL be unbearable. I usually take 30mg every 6 hours, but I've taken more because I still hurt. NEVER A BUZZ. Even the first time as opiod naive patient.

What about you?

Hey take that as prescribed give it a little time, m;kay?
How long ya been on this morphine?

Buzz from morphine or any opioid is just a "dream" why are you on this?

Hey take that as prescribed give it a little time, m;kay?
How long ya been on this morphine?
On and off for years as I complain and sometimes the doctor rotates to something else, but 10 years before I started opiods my mother in law gave me some and I ended up giving it away

On and off for years as I complain and sometimes the doctor rotates to something else, but 10 years before I started opiods my mother in law gave me some and I ended up giving it away
I'm still WAY UNDERTREATED but sometimes I've been in so much pain I've taken 3 at once which my script was written for 2 at a time and STILL BE IN EXCRUCIATING PAIN

The first time I was prescribed morphine was about 10 years ago

Wouldnt expect a buzz from morphine just relief. My experience. Maybe a low buzz.... but sorry not gonna tell ya to chew all your pills up. lol Be a waste.
Maybe there is an anti-xr process idk or some type of lab process to cahnge it to something else.
I can get a buzz on morphine but not like h.
Also i feel for your situation. I have some old back and neck injuries and know that docs dont much gaf so found my own band aid.

When dosed correcty (too low means not much effects, too much can mean shallow breath and passing out, and they can lie pretty damn near together, depending on your genetics) there's certainly a buzz. Oral and XR morphine doesn't give you a rush like e.g. insufflating or smoking heroin/diamorphine would but expect a care-free euphoric state for some hours. The buzz is what people fall in love with, stuff usually isn't just addictive because it's addictive but because people fall in love with the state. This buzz is strongest when dosing with no tolerance or when upping the dose quite a bit. Repeated dosing will fade to sedation and depression for some(?)/most(?) users, at least it did for me.

Do you have XR capsules with wax like beads in them, or pills? Both can be grinded down to make an IR formula but the beads are also easy to extract, just pour into a tablespoon, add some water, heat it with a lighter or candle until everything is dissolved. You'll notice an oily layer swimming on top. This is the wax used for retardation and to be discarded. Just let the spoon and solution cool down, discard the now solid wax layer and voila, you have pure morphine solution. By heating it until the water is evaporated you get neat little crystals which can be snorted.
Instant release morphine is easier to handle/dose, you just re-dose until you reach the level you want, and buzzes more. With XR you always have the danger of taking too much without knowing it at first.

Wouldnt expect a buzz from morphine just relief. My experience. Maybe a low buzz.... but sorry not gonna tell ya to chew all your pills up. lol Be a waste.
Maybe there is an anti-xr process idk or some type of lab process to cahnge it to something else.
I can get a buzz on morphine but not like h.
Also i feel for your situation. I have some old back and neck injuries and know that docs dont much gaf so found my own band aid.
Never taken h

If low tolerance to opioids and being a raging opiate junkie in general than morphine will be peak opioids for some in the beginning.

The tablets of morph had insane euphoria lasting all day and more in the beginning b4 tolerance rose and killed it lol. Morphine gives me constipation like none other so I try to avoid it lol. Also morphine comes with an itchier fit than the rest I think... don't scratch urself crazy in public if you don't want good stares from many around you on it. ;)

Morphine sucks in time even if IV'd and all.. Its just not worth it LOL. There's not really anything good besides pain relief that is going to come out of morphine lifestyles XD

you won't get a buzz from morphine xr unless you do something to defeat the time release, taken orally morphine is a lot weaker as well

you won't get a buzz from morphine xr unless you do something to defeat the time release, taken orally morphine is a lot weaker as well
IDK give me some ms contins and see if i dont get a looooong buzz. But opioid free atm, even memories from the days of chewing them things they were cheap af. lol While back.

ed
not like smack buzz but comfy enough

If low tolerance to opioids and being a raging opiate junkie in general than morphine will be peak opioids for some in the beginning.

The tablets of morph had insane euphoria lasting all day and more in the beginning b4 tolerance rose and killed it lol. Morphine gives me constipation like none other so I try to avoid it lol. Also morphine comes with an itchier fit than the rest I think... don't scratch urself crazy in public if you don't want good stares from many around you on it. ;)

Morphine sucks in time even if IV'd and all.. Its just not worth it LOL. There's not really anything good besides pain relief that is going to come out of morphine lifestyles XD
Never got a buzz from it. Not even when I took it before I started taking my very first opiod

I get 10mg Morphine IR Rx for pain at the beginning they used to give a buzz but I try and avoid them as it can make me feel very sick and sedated