• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does mj vaping not work for everybody?

Gormur

Bluelighter
I admit I've been curious about this for a while. I tried vaping with one of those boxes (can't remember the name of it) with a long clear tube and it heats up while you burn the mj directly and wait to draw in the vapor; maybe you guys can help me out, hehe. My uncle has it. Anyway it didn't work for me but he got messed up on it. I saw something on TV where they were vaporizing mj in a vape pen. I feel like maybe I'm not smart enough (not really) but also that maybe this method doesn't work for everybody; like the THC might not actually get inside the persons' body. Any thoughts on this?

Its a bit lighter of a high for the most part.

These days I vape all my weed. Smoking out of something like the pax3 isn't going to hit you like hitting a 3 foot binger, but you do get high.

When I was taking large amount of opiates, beer, and benzos was not a fan of vaping. Barely felt a thing. The alcohol numbs it the most I think. Now that I don't really take anything hitting the vape fucks me up pretty good.

Make sure you are getting good hits. The cloud that you exhale should be pretty large. Slow smooth draw.

These days I vape all my weed. Smoking out of something like the pax3 isn't going to hit you like hitting a 3 foot binger, but you do get high.

When I was taking large amount of opiates, beer, and benzos was not a fan of vaping. Barely felt a thing. The alcohol numbs it the most I think. Now that I don't really take anything hitting the vape fucks me up pretty good.

Make sure you are getting good hits. The cloud that you exhale should be pretty large. Slow smooth draw.
Interesting. Yeah it's a vape/vapor box; I guess there isn't another name for it. Here's one here -- https://cdn.vaporbrothers.com/shared/images/product/VB1/VB1-OGStandard_8710_Natural-1000x.jpg

My uncle didn't even blow out a cloud or anything but said he got wrecked from it. I didn't get anything the three times I tried it that day. Mind you this was in 2007 and I don't think marijuana pens were around yet. I'm just wondering why it didn't work on me

Does it have to reach a certain temperature before you inhale? I just remember having to wait for the tube to fill up with vapor (smoke) before I inhaled it. Afterwards, I got the impression that the experience was meant to be medicinal rather than recreational even though I knew I didn't get anything out of it

Salutations,

As far as i'm concerned it's the e-Cigs which are "vapes" while VaporBrother's wooden box is normally refered to as a VAPORIZER (and a decent one, as i recall)... But this present discussion board supposedly announces promotion of "Harm Reduction" and yet its radar often seems mute considering such devices quite rarely put users in control of their own consumption profile through reasonable dosing and self-awareness anyway.

The venerable Volcano buys itself a reputation with a price-tag IMO, as i perceive some very serious contradictions with ballons, not to mention their portable versions where deep activation by ovenizing actually occurs
BEFORE the noble molecules are finally "Released" then "Transported" away to avoid secondary/tertiary heat-denaturation, potentially combined to further contamination from 3rd-parties, etc... Honestly this is still a dark age for inhalation and practically all we get remains solutions to the manufacturer's own early challenges instead of our pressing needs; take Arizer's Solo forcing owners to share direct access to their lungs path, for the odd purpose of ventilating eventual robotic farts i guess, since at least 2008 as they persisted and signed ever since.

Too bad visible monster clouds are just like a mouse trap made of cheese over a water bucket... Each time pushing the users deeper into abuse before they know it - and of course this state of misery makes no rational sense in our technologically-advanced society, with socio-toxic politicians doing self-serving "science" and so on.

Does it have to reach a certain temperature...

Well, temperature can only be measured AFTER energy has been transformed into work and it's no reciprocal statement. Time to learn about operating modes generally divided as conductive, radiative and convective modes. Etc., etc.

...I got the impression that the experience was meant to be medicinal rather than recreational...

Judging from my personal perspective it appears marketting emphasis on digital "precision" merely reflects a thermostatic scenario resulting from the manufacturer's early strategies to gain additional popularity by boosting "buzz" satisfaction: e.g. a dishonest cheat if you ask me - even long-term irresponsible. But "it works" and the water bucket gets full.

Maybe it's a particular experience not to "feel" a thing on initiation day but my point is that practially all adepts discovered cannabis through systematic vilification as 1st contact, actually. In other words the consumption tool shapes our user profiles and we all started with combustion self-poisoning, decades after mankind visited the moon... Yet in 2011 i was told/convinced to spend 315+ $ CAD on my 1st table vaporizer (an HerbalAire v2.1) and it started being a health issue after 6 months nonetheless, then i later tried the genuine VaporGenie pipe only to give it away after 1 week for being totally unable to just operate it (and returned the years after to adapt it, long story...), then somehow i got sufficiently "influenced" to buy Arizer's V-Tower that rendered me miserable and ended up being given away as well, after ~3 weeks!

Which reminds me these days no forum board is free of INFLUENCER$ posing as newbies, etc., all for mercantile purposes. In retrospective i'd even comment the apple of knowledge has fallen to ground where it can rot, with USA's most concerning e-Cig crisis taking place just last year as a reminder. So who's really working for persons looking after perfectly safe cannabic inhalation? I still wonder a decade later.

In any case there's zero health-wise rational behind smoking, i wish you better luck than i ever had finding a proper ready-made commercially-available consumption method primarily designed with the final owners in mind.

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

Last edited:
Interesting. Yeah it's a vape/vapor box; I guess there isn't another name for it. Here's one here -- https://cdn.vaporbmoronrothers.com/...uct/VB1/VB1-OGStandard_8710_Natural-1000x.jpg

My uncle didn't even blow out a cloud or anything but said he got wrecked from it. I didn't get anything the three times I tried it that day. Mind you this was in 2007 and I don't think marijuana pens were around yet. I'm just wondering why it didn't work on me

Does it have to reach a certain temperature before you inhale? I just remember having to wait for the tube to fill up with vapor (smoke) before I inhaled it. Afterwards, I got the impression that the experience was meant to be medicinal rather than recreational even though I knew I didn't get anything out of it

That little box looks really cool. Reminds me of a fancier magic flight in a way.

Temp should be 420. That is the temp I use on my pax3. Not sure what the ranges are on that, but should be 400-420 range for flower. You will probably want close to the highest temp the device offers imo.

Make sure the bud is ground as fine as possible and packed pretty tightly. You also want to keep stirring it up after a hit or two.

You should certainly exhale a decent cloud. It won't be thick and milky, but enough smoke to blow rings with if that makes sense.

Some vapes do just suck, though. I remember those g pens back in the day were really bad.

Found this on youtube -

You can see he is exhaling a decent amount.

This is interesting, cheers. Yeah it wasn't ground up so that must've been the issue

Gonna say that those style of vaporizers suck (IMO). I had (still have?) a Silver Surfer - same type of whip where you load your product, adjust the temp and inhale.Far too easy to nudge over from vaporizing to combusting. when I stopped using the Silver Surfer as a vaporizer I ended up using it as an expensive joint lighter. man that ceramic heating element was immense overkill.

OP - was your experience with a vaporizer in 2007?

Egzoset - My first experience with Cannabis was not smoking; it was an edible made by an older cousin and given to me when at a summer cottage. My mistake was assuming that combustion would be the same. and of course, it wasn’t.

Tom

Yes it was. Maybe I should give it another go

lmao, you absolutely should.

Everything people have posted in this thread is correct (there was one post I didn't read, though.) I just want to chime in on this point:

The high is definitely "lighter," but I've always called it more cerebral. Vaporization also turns most highs into creepers for me, where I finish a session and don't feel a thing.... and 10 minutes later it hits me like a fuckin' brick.

The best part about vaping for me? Conservation. I can get exactly as high as I need to for 3-4hrs off of less than a quarter of a gram. When smoking, I'm not even gonna think about rolling up anything less than a gram or packing a bowl with anything less than 0.25g. I also get two sessions off of every oven (bowlpack) when I vape, so that <0.25g goes even further than it initially seems.

I'm talking about flower, for what it's worth. If you hit a dab pen or a oil cartridge and don't feel anything after 1-3 hits, somethin' fucky's goin' on.

I’m using a Pax 3 daily. Preceding it were/was Iolite (powered by butane and hissed so loud in operation that it was not stealthy - also fucking useless in -40C weather), Arizer EQ(?), Arizer Solo I (stolen), DaVinci something or other, Silver Surfer mushroom edition, Arizer Solo 2 and now the Pax 3. It uh really makes a nice handwarmer in winter 🇨🇦 Shameless fanboy plug here; very good battery life, Bluetooth controllable, about an inch taller than a Bic lighter (a bit fatter), can operate it w/o looking at it, gives haptic feedback when ready and is very stingy with weed. There are different control modes (boost, flavour, standard and something else). Auto shut off, etc.

Tom

My pax3 is still going after years. I should post pics, but most of the black is worn off.

Only thing is the battery seems to die very fast. Occasionally it does this red and yellow light thing but hooking it to the charger seems to do some kind of reset and makes it work again I'm sure it will die any day now. Definitely served me well. Like an old honda :) Just keep going.

Beware of anonymous racists with multiple identities and artificial/virtual fanboy privileges...

Beware of anonymous racists with multiple identities and artificial/virtual fanboy privileges...

I think it's more pertinent to beware of long-winded Canadians with a penchant for browsing their thesaurus to replace monosyllabic words in their posting with whichever synonym has the most syllables, actual definitions be damned.

Those multiple identities can be tricky, though... but I could've sworn you've mentioned how you post under several different names across several different forums? So I think we might both be advocating wariness of the same folks.

hashtag PAX3fanboy4lyfe

My pax3 is still going after years. I should post pics, but most of the black is worn off.

Only thing is the battery seems to die very fast. Occasionally it does this red and yellow light thing but hooking it to the charger seems to do some kind of reset and makes it work again I'm sure it will die any day now. Definitely served me well. Like an old honda :) Just keep going.

It might be fucking up on you, but there's a way to change the lighting system through the PAX app. Maybe you're inadvertently doing that?

Last edited:
So I am exactly like you, I’ve tried many vaporizers over the years and honestly they didn’t do much for me. Even if I sit there taking puff after puff. I’m the kinda guy that needs one or two max fat rips.

Then I asked on here and people suggested “the mighty.”

I’ve been beyond happy with this thing, it actually gets me high!! Plus very easy to use. I have to take two hits but because they’re simultaneous it doesn’t matter. The first puff warms up the flower, the second gets you some cannabinoids.

Just gotta try a newer better vape.

-GC

I think it's more pertinent to beware of long-winded Canadians with a penchant for browsing their thesaurus to replace monosyllabic words in their posting with whichever synonym has the most syllables, actual definitions be damned.
spot on. :D

to stay on topic: I think I've decided on buying an arizer air 2, since the battery of my old flowermate keeps getting worse and worse after over 4 years of use. design is not the prettiest, but exchangeable battery and seemingly ease of cleaning is a big plus I guess. the air 2 looks like a solid device to me. any opinions?